Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

A certain prospect from Fort Wayne had a parent call out one of the two fan bases on social media.  I’m not saying it was the sole reason behind the choice, but i would venture to guess it was a contributing factor.

So she called out IU, but chose to ignore the fUK fans that basically told the recruit from FW that they didn't want him and they were going to get better players than him?

Interesting. 🙄

17 minutes ago, IUaic said:

So she called out IU, but chose to ignore the fUK fans that basically told the recruit from FW that they didn't want him and they were going to get better players than him?

Interesting. 🙄

I think the fan thing has been over blown in that recruitment. I think more of it had to do with him wanting to be a OAD more than anything.

Not sure I love it if Trendon really wants this to be "his team". I mean you've got Rob P, Green, TJD, Al, Deron all as potentially great leaders for this team next year (TJD you gotta earn that though).

The Watford family seems like it comes from humble places so I'd like to let that "me first" concern of mine slide, but absolutely want nothing to do with another season of worrying about self-image/status on this team that leads to more "chemistry" issues. Buckle down and play some team ball boys. 

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Only a loser like myself would quote his own post...

So, here goes:

"Change is the only constant in life." - Heraclitus

Alabama has a new staff, LSU's coaching staff and future is in limbo and the family being totally sold on what Memphis is doing is... we'll see. 

I post this, and sporadically (in general), not to rile anyone up or excited anyone. More, as a reminder that things can change in recruiting. There's a small, small crack and BOTH sides are looking into the opening. 

Probably can add to what is really going on at a later time. Certainly a recruitment I'm watching with what the coaches and family are saying. 

Again, this doesn't mean he's coming to Indiana. FAR from that... Just something to monitor. 

My fan goggles translated "he is a heavy IU lean"

Just now, iuecon12 said:

he hasn’t hired an agent yet...there’s no chance he wouldn’t at a minimum test the waters so wouldn’t say Romeos update today changes anything

That release had the sound of someone who was absolutely not coming back.  I'm one who was more bullish on him coming back.  I thought at times, maybe a 30% chance, but no...no way he is back with that kind of a press release.  I hate to speak in absolutes, but I think you can take this one to the bank...he gone.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That release had the sound of someone who was absolutely not coming back.  I'm one who was more bullish on him coming back.  I thought at times, maybe a 30% chance, but no...no way he is back with that kind of a press release.  I hate to speak in absolutes, but I think you can take this one to the bank...he gone.

Yes I agree.

Back to Trendon... sounds like there’s legitimate interest on both sides. IU has several pros in their favor. 

1. Christian

2. Very familiar with the school and program.

3. Playing time.

4. Opportunity to be the man and make this his team.

Those are just a few, but probably the most important.

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Back to Trendon... sounds like there’s legitimate interest on both sides. IU has several pros in their favor. 

1. Christian

2. Very familiar with the school and program.

3. Playing time.

4. Opportunity to be the man and make this his team.

Those are just a few, but probably the most important.

Not to mention, look at the difference in coaching resumes between archie & schilling vs hardaway & miller.

Archived