Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Bump. We haven’t forgot about you T-Wat. What’s the recent?

My personal opinion is that the focus is on Trayce and Keion. They might be a package deal. I think trayce said it was possible and they'll be playing AAU together. Inside out is the focus and maybe they feel more confident about those two. Subjection here with no fact btw.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Watford would be great to have but with Hunter and Smith on the roster he's definitely not a need.  TJD and Brooks are much more important IMO.

Aren't all 3 of them roughly the same size?  Is there a major difference in their skill sets?  I admit I'm a little lost on your thinking here. Is it a geography issue with wanting to lock up the state?  What makes the a greater need than the other?

8 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Aren't all 3 of them roughly the same size?  Is there a major difference in their skill sets?  I admit I'm a little lost on your thinking here. Is it a geography issue with wanting to lock up the state?  What makes the a greater need than the other?

IMO - TJD has more potential. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Sad list of 4 schools on him the hardest. no IU.

Strange list for a 5 star recruit for sure.   I still think Trendon is one IU should make a priority.  But, I can understand if Trendon wants to go somewhere and not be forever identified as Christian's brother.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe there was a conversation between Watford and IU basically saying we'll always love IU but Trendon is probably headed elsewhere. If that scenario happened. Good for Watford's being up front. Or a second scenario is that Archie and staff really, really want Brooks and the difficult part of recruiting is the staff has to show they are all in on a certain player for a certain position. Like Trendon, Keion is a 5 star but also in state recruit. 

I've only been close to one recruiting situation to a 5 star kid (wasn't an IU recruit). Coaches will use the slightest little thing to gain an edge. Matta was the master of saying the following. If a kid is so special to opposing coaching staff...why are they recruiting 2-3 players just like you for same position. Matta would always say we want just you and only you. 

Hopefully that made sense. I've long thought Watford was a Bama lock. Nothing has happened to change my mind. Either way. That family is always good in my book. 

13 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Alabama, FSU, TCU, and LSU not a very impressive list for a 5 star recruit.  Archie seems to have backed off, maybe Watford isn’t as good as the rankings suggest?

I watched him twice in live stream games and wasn't impressed either time. But who am I. ( no need for an answer on that. )

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my 2 cents. Maybe there was a conversation between Watford and IU basically saying we'll always love IU but Trendon is probably headed elsewhere. If that scenario happened. Good for Watford's being up front. Or a second scenario is that Archie and staff really, really want Brooks and the difficult part of recruiting is the staff has to show they are all in on a certain player for a certain position. Like Trendon, Keion is a 5 star but also in state recruit. 

I've only been close to one recruiting situation to a 5 star kid (wasn't an IU recruit). Coaches will use the slightest little thing to gain an edge. Matta was the master of saying the following. If a kid is so special to opposing coaching staff...why are they recruiting 2-3 players just like you for same position. Matta would always say we want just you and only you. 

Hopefully that made sense. I've long thought Watford was a Bama lock. Nothing has happened to change my mind. Either way. That family is always good in my book. 

Of the 19' class i have seen Hurt, Brooks and Watford. That is how I would rank them in that order. Hurt and Brooks head and shoulders better than Watford , AT this stage.

Archived