Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I have been searching for something Scott regarding Baby Wat.  Nada on my end.

I know that there is no ill intent.....but calling Trendon "Baby Wat" or "TWat" cant be a good thing if he or anyone in his inner circle would happen to see this.  "Ya, i saw baby wat play in the state finals this year.  Damn that twat looked good."  There is NO WAY of spinning that to make it sound positive!!!!  LOL. I mean really, and you know it would because kids are @$$holes, could you imagine being in college and your nickname is baby twat. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I know that there is no ill intent.....but calling Trendon "Baby Wat" or "TWat" cant be a good thing if he or anyone in his inner circle would happen to see this.  "Ya, i saw baby wat play in the state finals this year.  Damn that twat looked good."  There is NO WAY of spinning that to make it sound positive!!!!  LOL. I mean really, and you know it would because kids are @$$holes, could you imagine being in college and your nickname is baby twat. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well "Baby Rico" likes "Baby Wat".

37 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hey Mile!........I sure hope Watford's "swirling winds" change to blowing .........

Checking wind direction can be tricky at times. Just when you think you know which way the wind is blowing..... it changes direction, and is headed the other way.

So if he isn’t visiting I’d say he has settled on one of the schools close to home. I thought him and Christian were coming up etc but if that is no longer happening I’d say he is not wasting our time. I was hopeful for an upgrade scoring at the 4 spot...guess we will have to hope Justin improves this offseason.

Just now, dgambill said:

So if he isn’t visiting I’d say he has settled on one of the schools close to home. I thought him and Christian were coming up etc but if that is no longer happening I’d say he is not wasting our time. I was hopeful for an upgrade scoring at the 4 spot...guess we will have to hope Justin improves this offseason.

TJD will be a 4 as well

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So much for the rumor mills right???

It hasn't been decided if he is visiting yet or not.  They are still trying to figure out a date and see if they can make it happen.  Doesn't seem like this one will be decided for another few weeks but have been wrong before.  If he doesn't visit then there isn't much of a chance but if he comes up with a date to visit it obviously would get interesting.  I still think it will be later in May before we know.

1 minute ago, bryan200088 said:

It hasn't been decided if he is visiting yet or not.  They are still trying to figure out a date and see if they can make it happen.  Doesn't seem like this one will be decided for another few weeks but have been wrong before.  If he doesn't visit then there isn't much of a chance but if he comes up with a date to visit it obviously would get interesting.  I still think it will be later in May before we know.

What is the hold up is since it is almost May and heard everything they need to hear form each coach.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is the hold up is since it is almost May and heard everything they need to hear form each coach.

Maybe heart is saying to go to one place but head is saying it may be better to go to another.

Like if LSU is where he thinks he would feel comfortable but there is so much crap swirling that program that he questions whether it would be a good idea.  Or he wants to stay in the south but Indiana appears to have the best opportunity for him from a minutes and need standpoint.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Maybe heart is saying to go to one place but head is saying it may be better to go to another.

Like if LSU is where he thinks he would feel comfortable but there is so much crap swirling that program that he questions whether it would be a good idea.  Or he wants to stay in the south but Indiana appears to have the best opportunity for him from a minutes and need standpoint.

So maybe Memphis would be the happy medium,

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So maybe Memphis would be the happy medium,

I thought Memphis might have a little more competition at his position and they also have some questions, IMO, around how effective of a coach Hardaway actually can be.  He does not have much of a record to look at.

I think each of the schools probably has some pros and cons that are making them a little to even to come down with a definitive answer.  Honestly, I think LSU was his first choice and Wade's situation has thrown his decision making process out of whack.  There is a very real possibility that Wade is going to have a pretty short tenure at LSU and the time he spends there is quite possibly going to be tied to sanctions.  So if he has eliminated the heart choice, the head choice between Memphis and Indiana may be a little more difficult for him.

I think that in his heart, we are #3 on the list but his head is telling him that the heart's number 1 choice might be a terrible idea and choice #2 might not offer the same opportunity so he cannot make up his mind.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I thought Memphis might have a little more competition at his position and they also have some questions, IMO, around how effective of a coach Hardaway actually can be.  He does not have much of a record to look at.

I think each of the schools probably has some pros and cons that are making them a little to even to come down with a definitive answer.  Honestly, I think LSU was his first choice and Wade's situation has thrown his decision making process out of whack.  There is a very real possibility that Wade is going to have a pretty short tenure at LSU and the time he spends there is quite possibly going to be tied to sanctions.  So if he has eliminated the heart choice, the head choice between Memphis and Indiana may be a little more difficult for him.

I think that in his heart, we are #3 on the list but his head is telling him that the heart's number 1 choice might be a terrible idea and choice #2 might not offer the same opportunity so he cannot make up his mind.

He or any player needs to follow your heart and go where you will be happy.  I know I want players who wants to be at IU and will play for the front of the jersey.  I know the Watford's love IU but if Trendon does not want to play here then he should go where he wants to spend his college years.  To me this is one of the reasons we see so much transfers is that people don't choose schools for the right reason.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He or any player needs to follow your heart and go where you will be happy.  I know I want players who wants to be at IU and will play for the front of the jersey.  I know the Watford's love IU but if Trendon does not want to play here then he should go where he wants to spend his college years.  To me this is one of the reasons we see so much transfers is that people don't choose schools for the right reason.

That is one way to look at it.  The other is that he could see himself playing at any of the 3 but he may slightly prefer certain things about one over the other or he is worried that one of the things he currently favors at one of the choices may have a short shelf life.

He may love IU, the family may love IU, but he may not want to move out of the south to come up north.  He may not want to always be Christian's lil' bro.  He has probably faced that his whole life.

I view picking a school the same as picking a mate.  Some people believe you have a soul mate.  Some believe that there are many people that you could fall deeply in love with but timing and circumstances narrow that list down to who you finally choose.  It seems like you are taking the "soul mate" look on picking a school.  I think that given the right circumstances that you could have 3 or more choices and no matter the choice it could work out really well.  And of course, much like love, it may not...and then you get transfers.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think it's a mixture of many things that others have mentioned.  Just my opinion, but I think he truly wanted to kind of go his own way.  I think he wanted to stick to being down South.  Then issues seemed to come up at all his schools that were the main players.  I think he likes IU and it's obvious his parents do.  I think we have been the safe backup plan for the whole recruitment.  He knows what he will get here.  So I think when all the issues came up with the main players IU snuck back into it.  I mean with so much uncertainty, IU starts to look that much more safe.  He knows he will get plenty of media coverage and will have the chance to be a main cog and there isn't really any uncertainty if he comes and plays at IU for a couple years.  It is still a tough decision though since I think he really wanted to stay down South. 

This went from a 1% chance to more than that.  IF we get a visit I start to believe we can finish this off, but without one I don't think he is too serious about IU.  We will see.  If we can convince him to come up within the next couple weeks then it gets interesting.  I've said all along I preferred Watford to Brooks at the college level.  I think Watford will be the better college player.  May not be the better pro or have more potential but I think he is more polished at this point than Brooks.  We will see what happens though.

15 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I think it's a mixture of many things that others have mentioned.  Just my opinion, but I think he truly wanted to kind of go his own way.  I think he wanted to stick to being down South.  Then issues seemed to come up at all his schools that were the main players.  I think he likes IU and it's obvious his parents do.  I think we have been the safe backup plan for the whole recruitment.  He knows what he will get here.  So I think when all the issues came up with the main players IU snuck back into it.  I mean with so much uncertainty, IU starts to look that much more safe.  He knows he will get plenty of media coverage and will have the chance to be a main cog and there isn't really any uncertainty if he comes and plays at IU for a couple years.  It is still a tough decision though since I think he really wanted to stay down South. 

This went from a 1% chance to more than that.  IF we get a visit I start to believe we can finish this off, but without one I don't think he is too serious about IU.  We will see.  If we can convince him to come up within the next couple weeks then it gets interesting.  I've said all along I preferred Watford to Brooks at the college level.  I think Watford will be the better college player.  May not be the better pro or have more potential but I think he is more polished at this point than Brooks.  We will see what happens though.

Well said.

Archived