Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

This is my own completely made-up perception, but I think Archie is really putting an emphasis on this "inside/out" approach. He made another reference in his Andy Katz interview this week to building from Indiana and the Midwest out. Again, my own made-up perception, but I think he's come to the conclusion that Brooks, TJD and Watford aren't all going to go to the same school, so he's probably prioritizing the Indiana guys over a kid from Alabama (even though his brother played here). 

I'm assuming that he wants/would take Watford, but he probably sees more long-term value in terms of in-state relationships, etc., in landing Brooks and TJD. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Watford said this about IU in a new Brian Snow piece, "Our relationship is coming along well. My brother went there, so there is a lot of tradition with my family there. They have a new coach in Archie Miller, so I am just trying to see how he does, and how his system works."

It also says in the article that Trendon is in no hurry to make a decision, and plans to make several more visits before the time comes to commit.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just based on history or something else?

I have no inside information, nor am I trying to stir the pot, But I’ve been to pretty much every home game and sit near the bench. My favorite thing about my seats are that I get to watch the bench and coaches pretty closely. They don’t appear to be having fun. Justin Smith is the one I worry about. 

36 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I have no inside information, nor am I trying to stir the pot, But I’ve been to pretty much every home game and sit near the bench. My favorite thing about my seats are that I get to watch the bench and coaches pretty closely. They don’t appear to be having fun. Justin Smith is the one I worry about. 

Couldn't some of that be caused by a player or players whose attitudes are creating a negative environment? I could see Johnson, Newkirk or even Durham being guilty.

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

I have seen Justin look less happy on the side line. Kid looked like a stud in high school.  Trying to figure out how him and Moore are not good enough to find playing time on a bad team. It is very concerning.

yes he was a stud and very explosive in high school. maybe he hasn't gotten playing time because he is timid and when he does shoot he doesn't score very much. I understand he's adjusting to not being the star but there's one way to fix that. prove yourself in games and in practices. You don't think Archie would play those two if he didn't think they would help? Clearly Archie sees something in practice that we don't/won't ever get to see that dictates why those two currently aren't playing

On 12/21/2017 at 2:50 PM, jefftheref said:

It might just be me but in my non-expert opinion he seems kind of pouty to me when he is on the bench. That is the only reason I put his name out there. Maybe my old tired eyes are failing me. 

I think thats just his "Bubba lip".  Any time ive seen him in a huddle he looked like he focused as hell. 

• 1 month later...

Archived