Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool pic in front of the old Assembly Hall floor.  Thanks for the contribution. Christian's shot has gone down in the annals of IU Basketball history.  Trendon has a chance to continue that legacy.

Whole family was in town to see sis play in a tournament.

I hope the entire family was able to spend some quality time with Coach Miller

Having said that.  Ed Schilling could be the key to landing Trendon.... seeing as how the family has been friends with Ed for years.

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Cool pic in front of the old Assembly Hall floor.  Thanks for the contribution. Christian's shot has gone down in the annals of IU Basketball history.  Trendon has a chance to continue that legacy.

Whole family was in town to see sis play in a tournament.

I hope the entire family was able to spend some quality time with Coach Miller

Having said that.  Ed Schilling could be the key to landing Trendon.... seeing as how the family has been friends with Ed for years.

I guess I missed this. The trip wasn't a planned trip to visit IU, but a family trip for Trendon's sister?

It is still great to have them on campus. But I sure would love the family to make a trip with the lone focus of Trendon and IU.

I am probably spitting hairs.

27 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I guess I missed this. The trip wasn't a planned trip to visit IU, but a family trip for Trendon's sister?

It is still great to have them on campus. But I sure would love the family to make a trip with the lone focus of Trendon and IU.

I am probably spitting hairs.

A combination of both. The family taking advantage of little sis playing in a tournament in B-town. Family could not pass up the opportunity to revisit the campus. From all I am hearing.... Trendon and family were very impressed with all the major improvements made to Cook Hall, the workout facilities and Assembly Hall, since Cwat was a major cog in IU's BB program   All things that seem to  bode well for us in securing the 14th ranked player at his position in his class. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only one who believes we get two elite forwards in 2019 and Watford is actually the odd man out because we take two who are better?

We take the first two or 3 that commit. I say 3 because something always happens and if Romeo says no I hope we bank one for 19'. I think Watford can play the 2 as well.

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only one who believes we get two elite forwards in 2019 and Watford is actually the odd man out because we take two who are better?

Do we really know at this point who is better?  And, even if we were certain, you don't turn down talent.  It's not like we're comparing a walk-on to a 5 star.  Everyone involved is elite.

Can't remember if I posted this here or elsewhere but I'm still in shock that Crean hadn't reached out. Anyway....glad our staff is making Watford's feel like a priority and getting to know all. Schilling was brought in to win these types of kids (Brooks, Romeo, Watford). I don't see us missing on all 3. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't remember if I posted this here or elsewhere but I'm still in shock that Crean hadn't reached out. Anyway....glad our staff is making Watford's feel like a priority and getting to know all. Schilling was brought in to win these types of kids (Brooks, Romeo, Watford). I don't see us missing on all 3. 

Based on the ITH interview, I think the Watford family was as shocked as you (and the rest of us) that Crean hadn't been reaching out about Trendon.

That's a head scratcher!

56 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was always really impressed by Christian's parents when he was at IU.  They are solid, classy people.  I always admired how they would make that long drive for all of Christian's games.  I will admit I'm biased toward this kid because of his family, but I really want him to be a Hoosier.  

This is where CTC failed so hard. The Watfords are very good people who liked Crean and obviously had relationships with a lot of different basketball people as Trendon grew up in AAU. To not even extend the lowest hanging olive branch and recruit Trendon on some level shows me another instance he failed to maintain his recruiting, but I guess we all know that here by now.

Agree with you on really wanting him to be a hoosier. He could fulfill his own part of a great legacy

On 9/18/2017 at 6:45 PM, Coach1K said:

Are recruits allowed to try on the uniforms when they are on visits? I wasn't for sure if they could or if they couldn't.

I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed to, considering it's not any sort of benefit they're receiving. Also I would think, considering how many other kids have done the same thing while visiting IU recently, the staff wouldn't do it if it was not allowed. And they especially wouldn't post it all over twitter if it wasn't allowed.

31 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed to, considering it's not any sort of benefit they're receiving. Also I would think, considering how many other kids have done the same thing while visiting IU recently, the staff wouldn't do it if it was not allowed. And they especially wouldn't post it all over twitter if it wasn't allowed.

I was just curious because when I saw the picture I wasn't sure if he could or couldn't do that.

1 hour ago, T-Free20 said:

Really smart move by the staff to get these kinds of pictures out there.  Regardless of whether a recruit ends up committing or not, it associates the IU brand with high level recruits.  And I have to think that it's helpful when a recruit sees a picture of himself in an IU jersey go viral on #iubb Twitter.  This is the kind of stuff Archie was talking about when he said he wants the program to be on the cutting edge of social media.

Archived