Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think the Crystal Ball feature means anything two years out. This is especially true in an age of transfers and people leaving early for the NBA and spring signings. Teams swoop in late and provide opportunities that seem attractive and players jump at the chance. Often going from no relationship to committing in a few weeks or months (which I think contributes to higher levels of transfers...ala Jordan Tucker and Duke).

anyway, I hope that we have a good chance with these guys. The staff seems more subtle and measured in their approach to recruiting than Crean. I think it will pay dividends. Offers will mean more, communication will mean more when it is not so frenetic. 

Word down here is he is interested in what Avery Johnson can build at Alabama. Colin Sexton having a big year and getting drafted high helps.  Also hearing he likes Kentucky.  Hope his brother shuts that option down quickly! I'll be interested to see how CAM prioritizes recruiting the position in that class. Love a legacy, but think this might be a longer shot at this point.

Btw, he's playing great and his team has another really good shot at a state title.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Word down here is he is interested in what Avery Johnson can build at Alabama. Colin Sexton having a big year and getting drafted high helps.  Also hearing he likes Kentucky.  Hope his brother shuts that option down quickly! I'll be interested to see how CAM prioritizes recruiting the position in that class. Love a legacy, but think this might be a longer shot at this point.

Btw, he's playing great and his team has another really good shot at a state title.

Thanks for sharing!

20 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Wow, after some of the things the wildcat fans said about his brother, he is still considering them?  I find that appalling.

36 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/the-trendon-watford-blog-trying-to-repeat-fortnite-recruitment-and-more

no mention of IU in this article pertaining to his recruitment. 

Yea, that pretty much sums up where we stand with him...rattled off about 5 schools and no mention of IU. Probably makes sense to keep our focus in-state with Brooks anyways. I'd take either though obviously.

22 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Yea, that pretty much sums up where we stand with him...rattled off about 5 schools and no mention of IU. Probably makes sense to keep our focus in-state with Brooks anyways. I'd take either though obviously.

Also probably pretty telling how Archie feels we stand with Brooks and TJD.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, KoB2011 said:

I also think it comes down to Watford being behind Hurt and Brooks on our wish list. 

After Sean Miller being caught on tape in a wiretap about paying for a player, I think Kansas is going to come off a lot of lists along with many blue bloods. The recruiting landscape is going to totally change in the next 4 months as it concerns all these players we are talking about.

Just now, Iuprof said:

After Sean Miller being caught on tape in a wiretap about paying for a player, I think Kansas is going to come off a lot of lists along with many blue bloods. The recruiting landscape is going to totally change in the next 4 months as it concerns all these players we are talking about.

Opens many doors for other programs...I’ll take our chances.  

1 hour ago, Iuprof said:

Completely agree. I said a while back that I thought it was important for Archie to be on the brink of landing big recruits over the next couple years...that way, when Coach K, Roy, Izzo, maybe Calipari, retire/move on, then Archie is the guy. This may apply a lot sooner than I expected.

6 hours ago, Iuprof said:

Maybe I'm confused, but what does Sean Miller have to do with Kansas?

13 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I was told pretty adamantly that the staff values Brooks, Jr. long-term over Watford. 

This is probably what plays into the prioritization of the two recruits at this current stage of time. 

Thanks Coach. So glad you found us back in January.  I would like to remind our members of a few  things.

There a members who frequent HSN 3.0 that actually have an ear to the ground, when it comes to recruiting. Coach is one of them.  And there are others.  And even some who don't feel comfortable posting.... but are willing to share intel with members via private messaging.

And .... those members who do share  don't get paid for getting things wrong, unlike some other well known sites.But when they offer information, it is like time in a capsule. What they are offering is what they are hearing real time.  Not knocking other sites. I think IU has one of the most diversified fan boards of any school in the nation.  More power to them. They all have a right to their space.

But.... when people such as Coach, and others.... come here to share information....our members have to understand, and appreciate they are getting this intel free of charge. And based upon the members own volition to share with us.... what they are hearing.

28 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I was told pretty adamantly that the staff values Brooks, Jr. long-term over Watford. 

This is probably what plays into the prioritization of the two recruits at this current stage of time. 

This makes sense if for no other reason than geography. Watford is an excellent player just like Brooks, but I don't think Archie is dead bent on locking down Alabama.  Couple that with the perceived likelihood of getting either of these guys to sign, I'd put my money on Brooks over Watford all day.  Watford is a really nice player but he'd be a long way from home here.  Some kids like that, but it may well be a negative factor for Trendon. Much less likely a negative factor for Keion.

Trendon and Mountain Brook ended up winning handily, but it started off pretty sloppy. Trendon forced some things early and the opposition played very physical, along with constantly doubling him. (One player on the other team signed to play wr at Clemson after turning down Bama) He racked up fouls on the other team, but struggled early at the foul line. He got a couple put backs,  and started to settle into the flow of the game better in the second quarter. The game was close at the half.

Mountain Brook came out strong in the second half, and picked up 3 straight charges on the opposition at one point.  Trendon played very unselfishly and slowly began to dominate the game on both ends. He had a couple monster dunks that got he and the crowd pumped. He finished with 22 points, probably 15-18 boards, and really controlled the paint defensively.  He does tend to get pretty winded, but Mountain Brook plays aggressive full court pressure defense the entire game.

Per usual, he could score 30+ points every game if he wanted, but really takes most shots within the flow of the offense. One game left Saturday for yet another state title for the Spartans.

Archived