Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow things seem to be heating up on all fronts towards Archie/IU...very exciting. No way it's not serious if he's coming all the way up to Bloomington after chatting with Archie less than a week ago (if I'm understanding that correctly). Seems like one of those visits to make sure everything checks out before signing on the dotted line.

Also, I know rankings can be a bit of a crap shoot but Top10 ranking nationally? Would be a pretty casual HUGE pick-up amongst the Romeo chatter

49 minutes ago, Max said:

Hopefully it’s not a last ditch effort. Very odd nonetheless. I hope @DocHoosieris right - been wanting this, especially the prospect of this making a huge difference for race and future potential recruits.

Doesn't feel at all like a last ditch effort. Feels more like a close the deal type effort. It's not like IU has no one else they are looking at.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Doesn't feel at all like a last ditch effort. Feels more like a close the deal type effort. It's not like IU has no one else they are looking at.

Yea agreed, but maybe he told us we’re eliminated from contention or that he’s pretty much ready to commit to Bama and to not waste a scholarship offer on him? That was the circumstance in mind for the last ditch effort statement.

This would normally say to me we’re in the last 2-3 schools and he’s going to commit soon but then again - has he made all the visits already? What happened to the high UK interest? I don’t recall him visiting Lexington. 247 only shows us FSU and bama as campus visits. Maybe it is a 2 horse race between us and bama and this is it. I’d hope the latter.

12 minutes ago, Max said:

Yea agreed, but maybe he told us we’re eliminated from contention or that he’s pretty much ready to commit to Bama and to not waste a scholarship offer on him? That was the circumstance in mind for the last ditch effort statement.

This would normally say to me we’re in the last 2-3 schools and he’s going to commit soon but then again - has he made all the visits already? What happened to the high UK interest? I don’t recall him visiting Lexington. 247 only shows us FSU and bama as campus visits. Maybe it is a 2 horse race between us and bama and this is it. I’d hope the latter.

It sure looks like a 2-way race with Bama leading at the moment per the experts, but this has the scent of a significant change in the battle. When you look at his 247 recruitment page, Bama and IU are the only two schools listed as "warmer".

Again, given the number of high quality 2019 recruits IU is still in the hunt for, I don't see them as desperate to win this particular battle.  No question they want to win and they sure won't turn down a 5-star legacy recruit that's ready to commit. I just don't see anything desperate about their current situation.

4 hours ago, Max said:

If he told the staff he was ready to commit to Bama and not to waste a scholly, Archie wouldn’t waste his time.....

7 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Wow things seem to be heating up on all fronts towards Archie/IU...very exciting. No way it's not serious if he's coming all the way up to Bloomington after chatting with Archie less than a week ago (if I'm understanding that correctly). Seems like one of those visits to make sure everything checks out before signing on the dotted line.

Also, I know rankings can be a bit of a crap shoot but Top10 ranking nationally? Would be a pretty casual HUGE pick-up amongst the Romeo chatter

Is it an in-home or is TW coming to Bloomington?  I read it as an in-home.

Something is up. Visits this quick rarely happen unless the recruitment is going fast for a reason. Not sure which way this one is rolling. I've thought Bama for year or so and still do....but exciting nonetheless considering we as a program weren't recruiting this legacy recruit until year ago.

Archived