Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Rab just posted an article on today’s visit...someone tell us what it says!

The visit went good, according to the new Rabjohns piece.

Archie had the chance to go to the gym and watch Trendon do lots of work with the strength coach. He then watched some skill work for 30 minutes.

Christian was also there.

Trendon's father, Ernest, said, "The biggest thing to me is Archie said he recognizes Trendon's ability and thinks he's college ready right now. He talked about his body, mind and spirit and realizes his dream to play at the next level." 

Ernest also said in the article, "He’s really turned up the attention on Trendon, and that’s all we can ask. Just from the home visit until now, I see a different level of commitment on IU’s part.”

Ernest also says that Archie spoke about how if Trendon came to Indiana, he would be able to be himself. The staff won't make him re-create his game, meaning they would not put him in a position to re-create who he is as a player.

14 minutes ago, KDB said:

Archie had the chance to go to the gym and watch Trendon do lots of work with the strength coach. He then watched some skill work for 30 minutes.

Trendon's father, Ernest, said, "The biggest thing to me is Archie said he recognizes Trendon's ability and thinks he's college ready right now. He talked about his body, mind and spirit and realizes his dream to play at the next level." 

Ernest also said in the article, "He’s really turned up the attention on Trendon, and that’s all we can ask. Just from the home visit until now, I see a different level of commitment on IU’s part.”

Ernest also says that Archie spoke about how if Trendon came to Indiana, he would be able to be himself. The staff won't make him re-create his game, meaning they would not put him in a position to re-create who he is as a player.

Hmm interesting, maybe it was just a chance to see the campus again and a commitment isn't as imminent as I thought. Seems like we're in great shape though at a minimum.

17 minutes ago, KDB said:

Seems like the Watfords were looking for a sign of increased interest and Archie delivered. 

20 minutes ago, KDB said:

Did it mention at all why the staff came back to see Trendon so quickly?

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Seems like the Watfords were looking for a sign of increased interest and Archie delivered. 

+1 on this. Got the same obvious vibe and it seemed like they were very happy about it too. I think he’s ours to get if the staff is really serious about him.

29 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

It just seems odd to fly down there back to back in such a short time frame.  If I had to guess, I would suspect there’s more to it than CAM going to show them “love”.  What it is I’m not sure, but just seems like there’s more to the story.

Defininitely more positive rather than negative to it too IMO. 📈

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

It just seems odd to fly down there back to back in such a short time frame.  If I had to guess, I would suspect there’s more to it than CAM going to show them “love”.  What it is I’m not sure, but just seems like there’s more to the story.

I believe, and this is just me trying to think outside of the box; but when Archie said that he thinks he’s ready right now, perhaps fishing for a reclass? Total speculation on my part, as I too, am intrigued by the back to back trips to Bama.

18 minutes ago, Max said:

I don’t get it. Going there two weeks in a row to demonstrate a strong level of interest isn’t processing for me. Has to be more to it.

I like the reclassify theory @Danomatic

If(when) Romeo commits... I honestly believe that there will be a flurry of activity surrounding IU recruiting. 

3 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I believe, and this is just me trying to think outside of the box; but when Archie said that he thinks he’s ready right now, perhaps fishing for a reclass? Total speculation on my part, as I too, am intrigued by the back to back trips to Bama.

I had the exact same thought. “You’re college ready right now.” Come be a one-two punch on the wing with Romeo. Instantly turn our shooting woes around. Romeo and Watford at 2 and 3. 🤤 

TW and several other players will be hooping in Dallas this weekend. CAM has a speaking engagement in Indy Friday evening. On top of that, Hurt and several 20-21 players will be on display this weekend in Indy. The staff will be spread thin, but will be seen in Dallas and Indy. The Watfords' are setting up OV's for this fall. My money would be on a TW visit for HH. AH will bring the house down when TW walks across the floor. CAM is lining up multiple 5* players to round out an already solid roster for the next few years.

CAM = Man with a plan.

We gettin' errbody!

Archived