Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I was told that, and one of the assts wasn't impressed with his hustle. 

If someone watches you on a football tape and sees you aren't hustling they turn it off

This is music to my ears.  I am making no judgement on Hurt.  But, I personally have always thought that the first thing I want in a player is motor.  I am happy that Archie looks for a roster full of hard charging guys.

The fan should never want it more than a player does.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is music to my ears.  I am making no judgement on Hurt.  But, I personally have always thought that the first thing I want in a player is motor.  I am happy that Archie looks for a roster full of hard charging guys.

The fan should never want it more than a player does.

I'm not sure how anyone puts up the rebounding numbers that Hurt does without having a pretty good motor. I could easily see him being slow footed on defense and a bit lazy off of the ball though.

5 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

I'm not sure how anyone puts up the rebounding numbers that Hurt does without having a pretty good motor. I could easily see him being slow footed on defense and a bit lazy off of the ball though.

Just telling you what the staff saw in Indy.. it's pretty possible his HS rebounding numbers were fairly inflated. 

On 5/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, btownqb said:

Just telling you what the staff saw in Indy.. it's pretty possible his HS rebounding numbers were fairly inflated. 

To bad. I watched him live 3 times last summer he was by far the best player on the court in all 3. Which included Race.

From Espn's recruiting blog:

9. Trendon Watford, SF, Mountain Brook High School (Alabama)

Watford is the younger brother of Christian Watford, who played at Indiana from 2009-13 -- but the Hoosiers are not a done deal by any stretch. Alabama has made a strong effort for Watford, looking to keep him home for school. Memphis conducted an in-home visit recently, as did Vanderbilt, LSU, TCU and others. Kansas and Florida State also still recruiting him. Avery Johnson was spotted regularly at Watford’s games over the past two weekends, and Kentucky is keeping an eye on him as well. Of course, Indiana is in the mix. Archie Miller visited Watford multiple times in April and made him a priority to watch during the live periods.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post/_/id/18670/whos-recruiting-the-best-players-in-2019-class

19 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

From Espn's recruiting blog:

9. Trendon Watford, SF, Mountain Brook High School (Alabama)

Watford is the younger brother of Christian Watford, who played at Indiana from 2009-13 -- but the Hoosiers are not a done deal by any stretch. Alabama has made a strong effort for Watford, looking to keep him home for school. Memphis conducted an in-home visit recently, as did Vanderbilt, LSU, TCU and others. Kansas and Florida State also still recruiting him. Avery Johnson was spotted regularly at Watford’s games over the past two weekends, and Kentucky is keeping an eye on him as well. Of course, Indiana is in the mix. Archie Miller visited Watford multiple times in April and made him a priority to watch during the live periods.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post/_/id/18670/whos-recruiting-the-best-players-in-2019-class

That's some really good information, thanks

Watford told Peegs the 7 schools recruiting him the hardest are: Kansas, Indiana, LSU, Memphis, TCU, Alabama, and Florida State

He also said he and his family will probably visit Indiana in the fall again.

Archived