Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, CapnRon said:

I'm not a fan of these Watford and Garland comparisons. They seem unwarranted and unnecessary. The kid is taking his time, there isn't some conspiracy.  Stay calm fellas.

Agreed.  In fact, random accusations like that really piss me off.  We had a lot of that with Romeo, now we're getting it with Watford.  These are good kids from good families.  But, even if we didn't already know that, every kid deserves the benefit of the doubt before we assign such a label to them.  

On 6/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, CapnRon said:

I'm not a fan of these Watford and Garland comparisons. They seem unwarranted and unnecessary. The kid is taking his time, there isn't some conspiracy.  Stay calm fellas.

Agreed.  I'll add that I am not a fan of painting Trendon as some random out-of  state 5 star recruit.  He is a legacy.  He should be recruited.   "Being a Hoosier" is more than some random lines drawn on a map.  There are "Hoosiers" that don't come from the state.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.3958fd0f1105adfbe9971066147a5fe3.png

I don't like that.

Indiana: “I visited the campus and we have had great in-home visits. They obviously just got a big-time commitment with

Those comments regarding Memphis definitely put them in a better spot then we might have realized but if we’re talking brothers regarding Watford don’t forget we have Elston on the staff and he’s got to be equal to Miller or maybe even closer to Trendon in that regard. Elston RTs Trendons mentions in articles all the time and don’t quote me on this but I think he’s even referred to him as little bro a few times but I’m too lazy to look that up.

I’m sure Trendon will have a hard time choosing but we should be right near the top all the way to the end. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.3958fd0f1105adfbe9971066147a5fe3.png

I don't like that.

Romeo also said, "Who wouldn't want to play for UNC" and they didn't even make his final list.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Yes, reading the descriptions of each school I think Memphis sounds like the favorite but the reporter who put in a CB pick for Trendon to Bama today covers Memphis basketball.  I think we're in second place rn and if we don't land him, then the staff can focus entirely on TJD/KBJ. 

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Brian Snow made the first crystal ball pick for Memphis today. All others are Bama. 

I have a feeling that's where he ends up since I first heard they were involved. No sources or intel, but just a feeling he pairs up with Wiseman there. His comments on Memphis the other day strengthened that feeling. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I'm sure it's due to what Matthew Hurt said during a recent interview...

539935084_ScreenShot2018-06-07at12_47_57PM.png.5c5965fbccfb1be95963935db3c8b51d.png

If Penny can coach even a little bit, I think Memphis will start getting high level recruits because of the "cool" factor and Penny was an NBA star (so they think he can/will tell them how to get there). I think Coach Cal might take the hardest hit from it, which is funny because it is a school he left in turmoil.

Archived