Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

Would not be surprised at all if Trendon wants to go his own path.  But, I don't see IU getting cut from the list at this point.  Both sides benefit from keeping the other out there as an option.  For IU, Trendon is a high quality player from a high quality family.  Sure there are some excellent in-state options, but if IU misses out on those, Trendon is of equal quality.  For Trendon, he has a good idea of the type of environment he would have at IU.  While I understand wanting to do your own thing, it makes a lot of sense to leave that door open should other options not turn out to be what he thinks they are.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I would think Trendon is a rare one who wouldn't be swayed by HH, since he's seen it before and been to many games at AH. Does anyone know if he was in attendance for the Watshot?

I say he could just because he started recruiting hurt to Memphis right after his unofficial trip. Kids are impulsive and that's why we always hear players temporarily leaning towards the program they last visited (ex- Romeo and Garland). He already mentioned that Romeo's decision could have a snowball effect on him and others, and I could see a packed Assembly Hall chanting his name a bunch make him remember why he treats IU "like a second home". 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same feelings here and honestly I would appreciate the honesty from the family so we don't invest resources/time if he knows he wants to go his own path. I've long said/thought Bama. I can see that. Former NBA coach, home state, offered very early,etc....but Memphis? That would be a mistake in my little opinion. 

Not sure I understand why Bama isn't a mistake but Memphis is. Memphis is a pretty good basketball school in its own right (and is much more important to the school/fans than what basketball is at Bama) and is also close to home. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Not sure I understand why Bama isn't a mistake but Memphis is. Memphis is a pretty good basketball school in its own right (and is much more important to the school/fans than what basketball is at Bama) and is also close to home. 

I don’t buy into the Memphis is a mistake narrative either. I also don’t buy into the Bama mistake narrative. Look wat AJ just did with Collin Sexton.

12 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I don’t buy into the Memphis is a mistake narrative either. I also don’t buy into the Bama mistake narrative. Look wat AJ just did with Collin Sexton.

I agree. We have to know a kid's priorities before we can determine if something is a mistake, and even then we are doing it with less information than they have.

Kids absolutely make mistakes, so do adults, but it's hard to know a decision will be a mistake without knowing more information than we can possibly know at this point. 

23 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I would be shocked if we were eliminated. Not because I think he picks us, but because we are probably his second  or third choice with Alabama . If we were out of his top 3 than yes I could see it. 

I agree, no way his brother is going to be ok with him dropping IU yet ;)

Archived