Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Trendon is a little bit better of an athlete than Cwat was.    They are basketball players with high IQs.  

Trendin is rated really high but dang I don't really see him leaving school early for NBA. Deffinitly not a 1 and done. Athleticism for next level is just not there. Really solid player tho. A lot like Christian only a little better. 

4 hours ago, KDB said:

The only time it's over with a Jerry Meyer pick is if it's the day of the announcement. Lol.

That's generally true. I agree.  WIth one recent exception.  He had Romeo to IU for a long time, and never wavered.  Other guys switched because of Meyer and Zagoria (who is not a part of the CB, but is dialed in as well ).

31 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Trendin is rated really high but dang I don't really see him leaving school early for NBA. Deffinitly not a 1 and done. Athleticism for next level is just not there. Really solid player tho. A lot like Christian only a little better. 

Even more why this class is so important. Watford, KJB, TJD, Carton/Lewis could all easily be 2-3 year ballers.

Side note, posted earlier that I thought Watford and KBJ had beef...saw on twitter KBJ liked Watford's "Top 8" tweet. 😊

38 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Agree with this. I would add, Trendon is bigger and has a much better post game at the same age.  Trendon has also had better coaching and training. 

I've heard the Watford's really like Archie and his staff, but think one of the southern schools will win out in the end.  I personally wonder about the effect of going to a school like Memphis that won't have much national TV exposure. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Even more why this class is so important. Watford, KJB, TJD, Carton/Lewis could all easily be 2-3 year ballers.

Side note, posted earlier that I thought Watford and KBJ had beef...saw on twitter KBJ liked Watford's "Top 8" tweet. 😊

Agreed! Carton reminds me of Carson Edwards. About the same height and playing style. This kid is gonna be legit. Really KBJ, TJD, and Carton Recruiments are even bigger in the sense that if we don't land em we're probably playing against them in the BIG for 2-3 years. Yikes. 2019 could really be the turning point for us in taking over the conference. 

I think we are in lead for KBJ and TJD.. may end up second in Carton and Watford race. 

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

He is recruiting players to Memphis. He is already playing 7 schools.

A read that is easy to take.

I think he is feeling out 'the process'.  Some want to know where they are going aside from coaching staff, facilities, fanbase, and so on.  If he can recruit top players to join him, I understand him wanting to do so.  I am not saying I like that approach, but I won't begrudge him for it, just yet.

Keep in mind Penny hasn’t ever coached a college game yet either.  Maybe, if that’s his choice of college right now, he wants to watch Penny’s in game coaching before he commits.  Don’t blame the kid either way.  Not often, or ever, do you get treated like a God/King like you do during recruiting.  Enjoy the process, I know I would.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Keep in mind Penny hasn’t ever coached a college game yet either.  Maybe, if that’s his choice of college right now, he wants to watch Penny’s in game coaching before he commits.  Don’t blame the kid either way.  Not often, or ever, do you get treated like a God/King like you do during recruiting.  Enjoy the process, I know I would.

I'll keep echoing these same sentiments. Everyone else on his list has a tape of how they use players. Penny has a tape of how someone else uses them. Whatever has happened to cause several people to say Memphis...I hope the Watford's slow it down a bit. If it wasn't for one client who follows me on twitter I'd be saying that to him. Have to be an adult at least some of the time.

10 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

A read that is easy to take.

I think he is feeling out 'the process'.  Some want to know where they are going aside from coaching staff, facilities, fanbase, and so on.  If he can recruit top players to join him, I understand him wanting to do so.  I am not saying I like that approach, but I won't begrudge him for it, just yet.

I dont care that he is recruiting players to Memphis, no problem with that. The problem I have with it is if you want to go to Memphis and you are recruiting others to do so, just say I'm going to Memphis and stop playing these other schools.

24 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont care that he is recruiting players to Memphis, no problem with that. The problem I have with it is if you want to go to Memphis and you are recruiting others to do so, just say I'm going to Memphis and stop playing these other schools.

What if he only wants Memphis if a few others go there? I’m sure there are parameters to that choice. 

16 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

What if he only wants Memphis if a few others go there? I’m sure there are parameters to that choice. 

I'd be interested in hearing his response to a reporter asking about him recruiting Hurt. I have a feeling that it's exactly what you are saying. Could easily see him wanting to go to IU if TJD and KBJ committed before he makes his decision. He still has nine schools on his list, so we still have time to change his mind.

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure in an interview with Kira Lewis on insidethehall, Kira mentioned that he and Trendon have talked about playing at IU. 

14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've been following Trendon on Twitter to see if he is going to clarify anything about that Big Three, and is it really 8 or 9?  Nothing so far.

Funny that those two posts were strung so close together.  I can't imagine he wanted that...will be interesting to see if he addresses it.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Funny that those two posts were strung so close together.  I can't imagine he wanted that...will be interesting to see if he addresses it.

Just the fact the the Big 3 one was even made.  That tells me that he already has it down to those three and he is just taking his time making that known.  Those would have been the first 3 I would have thought were on the top of his list.  If I am a coach of one of the other schools I am trying to get that cleared up because it is just wasting their time.  This is why college coaches leave for the NBA ;)

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I go off facts. Facts are he has asked players to join him at Memphis. I would like to see a reporter ask him why he is doing that.

Archived