Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

I have to shake my head at this fan base, sometimes. Everyone has been lamenting the current roster having no stretch four, yet here is a player who would seem to fit that mould, but no one wants him🙄

I think many of us would love having him.

1 hour ago, Muckraker said:

I have to shake my head at this fan base, sometimes. Everyone has been lamenting the current roster having no stretch four, yet here is a player who would seem to fit that mould, but no one wants him🙄

It's not that IU fans don't want him. If we were truly top 4, OV should've been at least tentatively scheduled, and I don't think IU has been even actively mentioned by Trendon in his interviews for a while. Then all of a sudden, we're top 4. 

Of course, there can be stories fans would never know, but this recruitment has been widely considered a dead one. My guess is Trendon likes Memphis but he's not 100% sure if Penny is a good coach or the class Penny has assembled (and the current players) would really be compatible to him. 

1 hour ago, Muckraker said:

If you would go back in this epic thread (thank you, HSN members), I think you will find many, including myself that expressed a desire for this legacy recruit to come to Indiana.

I will admit, after saying that, that I had really given up hope.  And as I just said.... let's just sit back, and see what happens.

So those of you that know better than I about Trendon, which is most if not all of you, is he a high basketball IQ guy?  I would think that he knows how to play the game?  Would he be a case of taking a basketball player and improving his athletisism rather than getting a raw athlete and teaching them how to play basketball?  If so, is that a bad thing?

55 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

So those of you that know better than I about Trendon, which is most if not all of you, is he a high basketball IQ guy?  I would think that he knows how to play the game?  Would he be a case of taking a basketball player and improving his athletisism rather than getting a raw athlete and teaching them how to play basketball?  If so, is that a bad thing?

I'm in the same boat with both Watford and Brooks. I've only seen limited mixtapes,etc. and gleaned the rest from comments on boards like this one. Would love to be able to see them play in real games.

A friend of mine hinted at the idea of Watford coming with Brooks, TJD and Franklin. His reasoning was that Archie likes long athletic wings that are able to play multiple positions on both ends of the court. Right now, this seems like a pipe dream... but you never really know. 

Im going to add that if this were the case, I wouldn’t really be surprised... TJD and IU did an amazing job of keeping things quiet. Stranger things have happened. All we can do is wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m not buying the hype.. Too many good insiders that would know where we stand with Watford. Things can change I guess, but I think we are in 4th place and made list as a courtesy to our staff and great fans.

Unless I’m missing something I don’t think there is much hype for Trendon to IU.  Seem to be last in this race.

At the end of the day, even if Memphis and Bama are heavy favorites, it's still good publicity for the program to have another 5* player speaking highly of the school and Coach Miller. Other recruits take notice of it.

A shooting guard is still the biggest need after KBJ likely/hopefully commits but adding watford could defintely work. The 3 Duke freshman play the same position yet obviously make it work just fine. Not to mention, Memphis already has Jefferies who is a PF/SF, so I feel like you could convince watford on playing with KBJ at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

ABSOLUTELY!!! This HAS to put pressure on other 5 star recruits to FINALLY "pull the plug"!

For a coach who likes interchangeable parts on defense imagine the joy in Archie to potentially be able to bring 3 five star 6’8” guys who can float between wing and post. Wow.

Archived