Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Wow..could it be that Watford is the "big fish"that some have alluded too

Who else could it be? Unless it’s someone not on anyone’s radar… But I find it hard to believe that anyone with insider information would have such insight or information that no one else anywhere even has a hint of it… Meaning that it would be some kid somewhere in America that has never communicated anything about Indiana.Who else could it be? Unless it’s someone not on anyone’s radar… But I find it hard to believe that anyone with insider information would have such insight or information that no one else anywhere even has a hint of it… Meaning that it would be some kid somewhere in America that has never communicated anything about Indiana.

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Who else could it be? Unless it’s someone not on anyone’s radar… But I find it hard to believe that anyone with insider information would have such insight or information that no one else anywhere even has a hint of it… Meaning that it would be some kid somewhere in America that has never communicated anything about Indiana.Who else could it be? Unless it’s someone not on anyone’s radar… But I find it hard to believe that anyone with insider information would have such insight or information that no one else anywhere even has a hint of it… Meaning that it would be some kid somewhere in America that has never communicated anything about Indiana.

We are still in on Matthew Hurt....but I would say that is even less a chance then Watford. Big fish though to me could have been Trayce or KBJ...and maybe it was just someone confused that it was someone else. Stewart keeping the door open with us to me would be the likeliest if it is another big fish although that too is a long shot.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We are still in on Matthew Hurt....but I would say that is even less a chance then Watford. Big fish though to me could have been Trayce or KBJ...and maybe it was just someone confused that it was someone else. Stewart keeping the door open with us to me would be the likeliest if it is another big fish although that too is a long shot.

Agreed on Stewart good call

Stay on both of them! Watford's timeline kinda makes sense being it is in the spring when we should know more if Romeo leaves. It might make for some crowded wings with Hunter, Smith, KBJ, and Watford but I'm sure we can make it work lol. Having interchangeable parts can be an advantage especially on defense with switching etc. I might rather have a shot blocker to pair with Trayce but with Davis here for one more year we should be pretty good with the bigs. I like that Trendon can be more a point forward....his game reminds me of Juwan's....and we've saw how great that has worked out here at Indiana.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Stay on both of them! Watford's timeline kinda makes sense being it is in the spring when we should know more if Romeo leaves. It might make for some crowded wings with Hunter, Smith, KBJ, and Watford but I'm sure we can make it work lol. Having interchangeable parts can be an advantage especially on defense with switching etc. I might rather have a shot blocker to pair with Trayce but with Davis here for one more year we should be pretty good with the bigs. I like that Trendon can be more a point forward....his game reminds me of Juwan's....and we've saw how great that has worked out here at Indiana.

that fits what Archie wants to do, interchangeable guys that are long enough to play anywhere from the shooting guard position down to the power forward. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I will say this about Archie....if he lands KBJ like it seems he will. The only thing left for him to prove in recruiting is that he can land a 5* star out of state kid. He has shown the state belongs to him....now can we start battling the big dogs for the top prizes in the country.

And when you read about the criticism of Illinois’ second year head coach Brad Underwood and his lack of presence at HS gyms in Chicago, makes me all the more grateful we have Arch! Focus on the state of Indiana, then extend your recruiting footprint. 

2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

And when you read about the criticism of Illinois’ second year head coach Brad Underwood and his lack of presence at HS gyms in Chicago, makes me all the more grateful we have Arch! Focus on the state of Indiana, then extend your recruiting footprint. 

Yes....I think Archie got it loud and clear from our AD that retaining Indiana's best is the #2 priority outside of winning games of course (but it would be hard to win without the local recruits). Archie has done I think as much as anyone could imagine in retaining our own. He is proving he can land who he wants. Every year may not be equal in the state....we may not have size...or athleticism some years...but he will recruit the state's best if it improves our team. If reports are true and we get Keion...I think I'll worry less about recruiting and just let it happen....no reason to be anxious anymore...it is in good hands!

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Archie. on his radio show today, said Clifton Moore has really improved. Shot blocker for next year?

Archived