Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On twitter this morning. Christian Watford on Memphis Grizzlies summer roster. Is there a connection here for why Trendon is possibly a lean towards Memphis or merely coincidence because Christian probably won't make team,etc....

Interesting... Definitely some smoke there... Hard to believe Trendon would commit there without something more concrete.  Christian could surely be a factor along with Memphis being an NBA town. Maybe Trendon thinking OAD?

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Interesting... Definitely some smoke there... Hard to believe Trendon would commit there without something more concrete.  Christian could surely be a factor along with Memphis being an NBA town. Maybe Trendon thinking OAD?

Just because Christian is on the summer league team does not mean he is going to be on the roster for the season.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just because Christian is on the summer league team does not mean he is going to be on the roster for the season.

Totally agree. Even if he was this year, not guaranteed for next year. Was just commenting on Seekings observation. Is Christains agent close with Memphis? Planting a seed with Trendon? Seems odd that two members of the same family would have ties to the same town. Could be purely coincidental. Time will tell just how much smoke there is there.

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Totally agree. Even if he was this year, not guaranteed for next year. Was just commenting on Seekings observation. Is Christains agent close with Memphis? Planting a seed with Trendon? Seems odd that two members of the same family would have ties to the same town. Could be purely coincidental. Time will tell just how much smoke there is there.

That's all I was asking. Just seems odd timing wise to me. Could be purely a coincidence or could be just something to watch.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, Hoosier Guy said:

Trendon Watford is interesting. I feel if IU wants him, they get him. But it seems that IU has cooled a bit on him. With TJD and Keion likely commits, that’s probably the reasoning. My speculation anyway

I feel the opposite. Seems like Trendon cooled on us meaning a school or two is in front of us on his list. TJD looking good but Brooks is anyone’s guess right now.

4 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I feel the opposite. Seems like Trendon cooled on us meaning a school or two is in front of us on his list. TJD looking good but Brooks is anyone’s guess right now.

I'm neither an optimist or a pessimist, but as a realist, I think your scenario fits.  I think Trendon is enamored with the new flavor of the day here.  Penny Hardaway is new and exciting and that is going to pull some southern recruits away from IU.  At one point, I thought Trendon had IU as either 1A or 1B, but it's probably more like plan C today.

13 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I've been saying from the start that I'd rather have other players than Watford in 2019. Is he a great player? Yes. Do I respect the hell out of the Watford family? Yes. However, I think players such as TJD, Brooks, Carton are more important. I'm basing this off of what I think we will need as a TEAM in 2019.

And honestly, if we can add a 4th in 2019, give me Newman. Let Archie get the ball rolling in NWI. We've missed out on too much talent in that area over the years.

That's the exact four I want. Carton, Newman, Brooks, TJD. Franklin if we can't get Carton.

34 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That's the exact four I want. Carton, Newman, Brooks, TJD. Franklin if we can't get Carton.

Completely agree. Not only would it be three 5* recruits and a 4* star recruit. It would also be three highly touted state of Indiana recruits. It is of utmost importance to recruit the state. It is a hotbed for basketball talent

15 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Completely agree. Not only would it be three 5* recruits and a 4* star recruit. It would also be three highly touted state of Indiana recruits. It is of utmost importance to recruit the state. It is a hotbed for basketball talent

TJD, Franklin, and Newman and I'll be thrilled.   Brooks just doesn't do much for me.  We'll already have Hunter and Smith. 

52 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That's a good thing and could be a curse.

I want to keep the blue bloods from raiding the talent in our state!!!

33 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

TJD, Franklin, and Newman and I'll be thrilled.   Brooks just doesn't do much for me.  We'll already have Hunter and Smith. 

I'm fine with Carton and TJD. Newman as a backup if Carton goes elsewhere. Save the third for spring- or for 2020. We already have a lot of quality players. We can afford to be picky.

Archived