Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

You rate TJD over Stewart? Awesome news. I'm going to assume the bias is removed from opinion. Good stuff. 

He's probably meaning that he'd rather land TJD than Stewart not that TJD is better.  TJD is probably a better fit for the pack line and is an Indy kid.  He's also probably a 2 year guy while Stewart is a sure-fire one and done.  You're also only talking about 7-8 recruiting spots.

31 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's probably meaning that he'd rather land TJD than Stewart not that TJD is better.  TJD is probably a better fit for the pack line and is an Indy kid.  He's also probably a 2 year guy while Stewart is a sure-fire one and done.  You're also only talking about 7-8 recruiting spots.

That's true but typically the top 3-5 guys are levels above the 10-25 rated 5 star guys. I see your logic and reasoning with his choice and it makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

They didn't even mention Indiana.  I don't know that we're leaders, but we're in it.  Isn't he scheduled to come to the Indiana-Louisville game on December 8?  Also he just said this week that he's nearing a decision.  It was in the ESPN article about G league $125K salaries.  Hard to decipher the timeline, but seems more current than this information:

"I am already nearing a decision soon about which college to attend. I just feel that my class is already committed. Players are in their recruitment," he said. "Maybe there will be two or three players that will look into it. But I might be wrong."

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

They didn't even mention Indiana.  I don't know that we're leaders, but we're in it.  Isn't he scheduled to come to the Indiana-Louisville game on December 8?  Also he just said this week that he's nearing a decision.  It was in the ESPN article about G league $125K salaries.  Hard to decipher the timeline, but seems more current than this information:

"I am already nearing a decision soon about which college to attend. I just feel that my class is already committed. Players are in their recruitment," he said. "Maybe there will be two or three players that will look into it. But I might be wrong."

Yes, OV on 12/8.  Also, first I've seen of UAB here.

Can't find anything related to Trendon visiting IU. His 247 page also does not list an IU official.

Closest thing is Zagoria saying he "plans to visit" but nothing is finalized.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/08/trendon-watford-talks-memphis-visit-recruiting-timeline/

He also told Rabjohns that he may visit IU "if his schedule works out"

10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

To me, it reads very much like Bouknight and Harris's recruitments who were going to visit IU if it "fit their schedule." Neither ever made it.

I don't think the kids wants to try and live up to his brothers fame, which i doubt he could, The WatShot is in IU lore now.  Hard to live up to that

Archived