Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Hoosierhoopster

Trendon Watford

44 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If while Tendon is on his last official visit at IU and he says “coaching staff I am proud to say I am coming to IU”, a spot will be made open for him.  I have no idea what he’s thinking, hadn’t seen any info from @CoachSS or @IUwins0708 in the previous posts about Trendon(sorry if I missed others here or I missed posts from guys that bring this info to the board) 

SS has said that we aren’t recruiting watford anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Has anything been definitely set for a last visit with IU? I haven't seen anything......

I have not seen anything either. 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Has anything been definitely set for a last visit with IU? I haven't seen anything......

2/26 against Wisconsin is the tentative date. But he also was tentatively scheduled to visit for the Louisville game and that didn’t happen. 

As I understand, his recruitment ended a long time ago in regards to Indiana Men's Basketball. 

I stress the long time ago part. 

48 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

As I understand, his recruitment ended a long time ago in regards to Indiana Men's Basketball. 

I stress the long time ago part. 

Did he end it or did IU?  I just wonder (and that is all it is because I do not know anything about it or have any inside info) but it seemed like IU was in on Davis and Brooks and they were the priorities not Watford? Someone in the know might be able to give some insight.

17 hours ago, iuvol said:

Did he end it or did IU?  I just wonder (and that is all it is because I do not know anything about it or have any inside info) but it seemed like IU was in on Davis and Brooks and they were the priorities not Watford? Someone in the know might be able to give some insight.

As I've mentioned before,  this is the first, and probably only, time I have inside information on recruiting. I was told very early on in Trendon's recruitment that he wouldn't be going to IU. One reason was he wanted to create his own legacy.  Another was the distance for Ernest to drive to games. This recruitment is very different from Christian's, and has many more complexities.  It sounds like the Watfords really like coach Miller and his staff, and the family loves IU, but barring something crazy, this one just isn't meant to be.  The in home visit by Archie had me intrigued, but didn't amount to anything. Too bad, I could see him playing a Morgan type of role for us, although I don't think Trendon is quite that aggressive. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1