Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Given all that has transpired, we could be in worse places.  Now, can we make the most of the opportunity?

i have no knowledge but for some reason I do not feel that we are making a push for him. I can't read into what that means.  I have some conflicting info so i don't really want to go into detail but 1 source saying that if we had put our chips in on TW he would come and another saying that us backing off was at the request of TW. 

PS. The new Bama Coach getting TW would be just like CAM landing Romeo. 1st and foremost on the new coaches list of things to do.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

i have no knowledge but for some reason I do not feel that we are making a push for him. I can't read into what that means.  I have some conflicting info so i don't really want to go into detail but 1 source saying that if we had put our chips in on TW he would come and another saying that us backing off was at the request of TW. 

One possibility I'll mention is that the roster is already set and scholarships filled for next year.  That would certainly explain the apparent lack of urgency in recruiting right now.  If I were handicapping that possibility, I'd place it at about 20%.  Archie really seems to crave roster stability and I am not completely sold on Romeo being gone.

Sure, odds are, there is at least SOME roster movement.  I'm trying to remember the last time IU had zero transfers and zero players leaving early for the NBA.  I don't remember that ever happening during Crean's tenure, but I get the feeling it will from time to time during Archie's reign.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

One possibility I'll mention is that the roster is already set and scholarships filled for next year.  That would certainly explain the apparent lack of urgency in recruiting right now.  If I were handicapping that possibility, I'd place it at about 20%.  Archie really seems to crave roster stability and I am not completely sold on Romeo being gone.

Sure, odds are, there is at least SOME roster movement.  I'm trying to remember the last time IU had zero transfers and zero players leaving early for the NBA.  I don't remember that ever happening during Crean's tenure, but I get the feeling it will from time to time during Archie's reign.

Very good points. Do we feel that the staff values TW in the same way that we do? I am not convinced that we have ever been really high on him. Maybe I am wrong and maybe it is all roster spots and KB had 1 if he wanted it. I don't know. 

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Most recent info that I have "heard/read via email is that IU does check more boxes than any other school interested in TW. CAM is a coach they trust as a family and CW likes what is being "built" here.  his goals are to win a lot of college games, develop as a complete player and to position himself for the NBA. The family is not pushing any school so to speak but keep saying that they are fine with him going to IU. Things to watch are the new hire at Bama, Kira Lewis and who pursues him and if we make a trip to see him. IU could easily find them self as the choice by default. Wanting to create his own legacy and not picking from pure emotion has kept us on the fringe of this recruitment but we could easily become front and center. I am getting that he does not want to be anyones backup plan and that is how he has felt from us and if we can and want to show that is and was not the case we have an outside shot.  Memphis is in lead LSU in limbo but not out of it. Bama will go hard for him. It will be interesting to see if we are serious about TW or just a formality.

I have read lips/heard,not from twitter ,that IU could be in position for somebody that might  decommit,someone ranked top 100...could this be Kira Lewis ??

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

As is usually the case, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.  If we made an absolute all-out push, he'd have committed eventually.  That said, if both sides were still "shopping", I can see him saying "I know what you have to offer.  You're not out, but give me a little space."

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I have read lips/heard,not from twitter ,that IU could be in position for somebody that might  decommit,someone ranked top 100...could this be Kira Lewis ??

Lewis wouldn't be a "decommit".  He'd be a transfer.  He was (easily) top 100 though. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Thats interesting. do you have a guess outside of Lewis? A bad rumor is floating that KB has 2nd thoughts and could decommit.  All made up, just wondering if that is spreading more than I would expect it to. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thats interesting. do you have a guess outside of Lewis? A bad rumor is floating that KB has 2nd thoughts and could decommit.  All made up, just wondering if that is spreading more than I would expect it to. 

That'd be karma biting Teflon John in the ass from Terrance Jones. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is a point guard that was committed to Texas A&M,that might decommit,but idk what ties IU would have had with him

26 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Least you are "hearing" something that isn't smeared everywhere already lol 

6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

There is a point guard that was committed to Texas A&M,that might decommit,but idk what ties IU would have had with him

A&M doesn't have any guards committed at the moment.  They have a 6'8" forward from Texas and a 6'7" wing from.....Alabama.....

Ok, this is getting weird. 

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A&M doesn't have any guards committed at the moment.  They have a 6'8" forward from Texas and a 6'7" wing from.....Alabama.....

Ok, this is getting weird. 

Apparently he has already  got his release....Sahvir Wheeler,ESPN top 100 point guard.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  It was started by some UK fans hoping to get a rise out of us and just say that we believe anything.

Eh, at this point, I really think he's a much better fit for their model.  pUKe fans would probably be surprised at how quickly most fans have moved on.  Watford is a better fit if there's a spot available and I'm not convinced there is.

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Buffalo coach to Bama.  Not sure how that moves the needle any.  Probably not.  

I'd say at the worst, it doesn't hurt our chances.  Kind of a "meh" hire.  No ties to the local area; entire career has been in the upper midwest/northeast. 

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd say at the worst, it doesn't hurt our chances.  Kind of a "meh" hire.  No ties to the local area; entire career has been in the upper midwest/northeast. 

Honestly feels like the Ga. State coach would have been better than that.  Wonder if he regrets Tulane yet...

Archived