IU 31 Georgia Southern 21 _ Michigan 24 pee yew 14

If Lagow starts [and plays the entire game] The Hoosier just might LOSE to Georgia Southern [imho] !! I have lost all faith in Lagow !!! All those  [censured ] interceptions [ and fumbles lost] he threw last season ! Then in the season opener in 2017 , what happens ??? Lagow throws TWO MORE INTERCEPTIONS and LOSES ANOTHER FUMBLE !!  IU was headed for another LOSS [at Virginia][imho] when Coach Allen came to his senses and inserted Payton Ramsey at Quarterback [ and kept him there for the rest of the game ] ! What happened after Ramsey entered the game ?? IU KICKED VIRGINIA"S ARSES 34 to 17 !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Game 2 versus Virginia , Lagow starts and only completes 3 of 10 passes attempted and THROWS ANOTHER INTERCEPTION !! That is 3 interceptions thrown by Lagow in only 1 game and part of another game ! Ramsey comes in and completes 16 of 20 passes FOR TWO TOUCHDOWNS WITH NO INTERCEPTIONS THROWN !!! Ramsey was also IU's second leading rusher versus Virginia with 59 total rushing yards and 32 NET RUSHING YARDS !! I don't think  Lagow should NOT come into the Georgia Southern game UNLESS IU is either leading by a LARGE MARGIN or Ramsey has a bad day [ God Forbid  !!] I think IU needs a more MOBILE QB like Ramsey playing !! ( Unless or until Ramsey starts throwing those [ censured] INTERCEPTIONS like LAGOW !!!!!!!!!!!)

P.S. In my mind there should be no Quarterback concerns as long as Payten Ramsey is STARTING and getting the Job done the right way !!

8 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

In Game 2 versus Virginia , Lagow starts and only completes 3 of 10 passes attempted and THROWS ANOTHER INTERCEPTION !! That is 3 interceptions thrown by Lagow in only 1 game and part of another game ! Ramsey comes in and completes 16 of 20 passes FOR TWO TOUCHDOWNS WITH NO INTERCEPTIONS THROWN !!! Ramsey was also IU's second leading rusher versus Virginia with 59 total rushing yards and 32 NET RUSHING YARDS !! I don't think  Lagow should NOT come into the Georgia Southern game UNLESS IU is either leading by a LARGE MARGIN or Ramsey has a bad day [ God Forbid  !!] I think IU needs a more MOBILE QB like Ramsey playing !! ( Unless or until Ramsey starts throwing those [ censured] INTERCEPTIONS like LAGOW !!!!!!!!!!!)

P.S. In my mind there should be no Quarterback concerns as long as Payten Ramsey is STARTING and getting the Job done the right way !!

If you really think Lagow starting against GSU might end in an IU loss.. cmon, I understand how it can be frustrating watching Lagow but in all honesty the guy is a real solid Big Ten QB and has potential (there is still 10 games left) to be a REALLY solid Big Ten QB, he has a cannon arm and if he can cut down on the bad decision making, he could have one heck of a season

If there is any SEC program that might be available soon, it is Mississippi St. Mullens is an excellent coach, and I think he will be a candidate for any big time opportunity that opens.

I found it hilarious, but also considered the source, when Jerry Palm has Purdue playing in one of the January 1st bowl games. While I think PU is much improved this year, they will come back down to earth as conference play heats up. The saving grace for them is in playing in the weaker half of the B1G. Mr. Palm just can't help himself and insists on showing his bias towards PU whenever possible.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

If there is any SEC program that might be available soon, it is Mississippi St. Mullens is an excellent coach, and I think he will be a candidate for any big time opportunity that opens.

I found it hilarious, but also considered the source, when Jerry Palm has Purdue playing in one of the January 1st bowl games. While I think PU is much improved this year, they will come back down to earth as conference play heats up. The saving grace for them is in playing in the weaker half of the B1G. Mr. Palm just can't help himself and insists on showing his bias towards PU whenever possible.

Purdue went toe-to-toe against a ranked team with the reigning Heisman winner. How many B1G teams are better than Louisville that Purdue plays? At most, I'd say Michigan, Wisconsin, and MAYBE Iowa. Could we "come back to Earth" like you mentioned? Absolutely. Is it possible that Brohm is a really good coach and can get us to a bowl? Absolutely. I disagree about the New Year's Day bowl but think we can definitely be a bowl team by getting 6 wins. Do you think Purdue goes bowling this year? 

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue went toe-to-toe against a ranked team with the reigning Heisman winner. How many B1G teams are better than Louisville that Purdue plays? At most, I'd say Michigan, Wisconsin, and MAYBE Iowa. Could we "come back to Earth" like you mentioned? Absolutely. Is it possible that Brohm is a really good coach and can get us to a bowl? Absolutely. I disagree about the New Year's Day bowl but think we can definitely be a bowl team by getting 6 wins. Do you think Purdue goes bowling this year? 

Yes, based on the fact that they play in the weaker half of the conference, I think they have a good shot at a bowl game. Louisville was exposed by Clemson last week, so although Purdue went "toe to toe" with them, I am not sure that it is as significant as it looked immediately after that game. 

No way do they make it to a New Year's game

26 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If Purdue played in the B1G East, they'd have no shot at a bowl. Playing in the West, if I had to bet, I would bet on them going bowling. Not only are they in the West, but their crossover game to the East is Rutgers. Lucky as hell.

Are you forgetting about their crossover game with #7 Michigan on Saturday? Sure Rutgers is terrible but Michigan is a very solid opponent. 

25 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yes, based on the fact that they play in the weaker half of the conference, I think they have a good shot at a bowl game. Louisville was exposed by Clemson last week, so although Purdue went "toe to toe" with them, I am not sure that it is as significant as it looked immediately after that game. 

No way do they make it to a New Year's game

Clemson will likely "expose" a lot of teams this year. They are an outstanding football team. I agree that a New Year's Day game is highly unlikely. Hell, I'd be happy with the lowest-tier bowl this year. After 9 wins in 4 years, I'd welcome any bowl. 

21 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It'll be interesting to see how defenses adjust to Ramsey (assuming he retains the PT) as more film is out.  I'm not saying he's not the guy, but it will be more difficult as time marches on.  But teams like Georgia Southern?  Lagow should easily hang a W.  Playing against much inferior talent than UVA, at home to boot.  Like I said before.  It's a statement game.  IU must win and win by a huge margin for it to be a solid victory.  I don't see it happening any other way regardless of QB.

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I see two big time programs opening up.  Notre Dame and Florida.

Why can't it be both? They're both home games and I could see them winning both games. In terms of toughest to easiest games the rest of the year, I'd rank them as follows:

At Wisconsin

Michigan

At Iowa 

Minnesota

IU

Nebraska

At Northwestern

Illinois

at Rutgers

outside of Michigan, those are all winnable home games. At Iowa and at Wisconsin are tough but at Rutgers and at Northwestern are winnable games. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why can't it be both? They're both home games and I could see them winning both games. In terms of toughest to easiest games the rest of the year, I'd rank them as follows:

At Wisconsin

Michigan

At Iowa 

Minnesota

IU

Nebraska

At Northwestern

Illinois

at Rutgers

outside of Michigan, those are all winnable home games. At Iowa and at Wisconsin are tough but at Rutgers and at Northwestern are winnable games. 

Just in my personal opinion, I need to see what Purdue does against Michigan before I can really judge how they will do in Big Ten play against teams that are thought of by most as better than Purdue.. and yes, I only see them winning one of Minnesota or Nebraska and it's because I don't think they will win both of them, one of those teams will be better than Purdue the night they play. But in all honesty with your schedule it is a possibility that you do indeed go bowling but 6 is the maximum amount of wins I see for them at this point in the season, 4 as the minimum and if I had to bet on their win total for this season I would go with 5, but they do have the potential under Brohm to do some good things in the next few years.

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Just in my personal opinion, I need to see what Purdue does against Michigan before I can really judge how they will do in Big Ten play against teams that are thought of by most as better than Purdue.. and yes, I only see them winning one of Minnesota or Nebraska and it's because I don't think they will win both of them, one of those teams will be better than Purdue the night they play. But in all honesty with your schedule it is a possibility that you do indeed go bowling but 6 is the maximum amount of wins I see for them at this point in the season, 4 as the minimum and if I had to bet on their win total for this season I would go with 5, but they do have the potential under Brohm to do some good things in the next few years.

5-7 can get you into a bowl these days.  Just sayin'

12 minutes ago, KDB said:

That's fair analysis. Yeah if we lose by 30 against Michigan that would change perception a bit. I remember seeing an O/U before the year for Purdue at 2.5 wins and I think we'll easily eclipse that. 

32 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

At Wisconsin

Michigan

At Iowa 

Minnesota

IU

Nebraska

At Northwestern

Illinois

at Rutgers

I wouldn't be sure if I would call that Michigan home game unwinnable.  I do think the Boilers could pull off the upset.

Archived