Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

still say we'll be at least top 15

I agree. I think this team could be really similar to the 08 team (Sampsons second year); we will have a stud freshman guard, a stud senior big, great coaching and some really nice supporting players. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree. I think this team could be really similar to the 08 team (Sampsons second year); we will have a stud freshman guard, a stud senior big, great coaching and some really nice supporting players. 

Remains to be seen of course, but would add we've also got a very good tactical coach (the great coaching) who gets the most out of his players, and now he's got a year with returning players who know his system. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Remains to be seen of course, but would add we've also got a very good tactical coach (the great coaching) who gets the most out of his players, and now he's got a year with returning players who know his system. 

Totally agree. We also have a lot of length/athleticism which should enable us to take another step forward on defense. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed.  Not sure if Green/Phinesee are as good as Bassett and Crawford but Smith, Race, Davis, and Fitzner would make mince meat out of Stemler, Mike White, and Dre.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

I'm not buying Michigan State as better than IU in 2018-2019 ! IU has the Top rated recruiting class coming into the Big Ten for 2018-2019 !!! And , MSU lost a ton of talent from last season !

As far as I’m concerned, let’s stay out of all these preseason rankings and keep this team hungry. Nobody outside of Juwan and Romeo has proved themselves to be a game changer. I want these guys to step up, have a chip on their shoulder and prove their worth. 

Hashtag Stay hungry.  (Did I do that right?)

That said, how many times do these columnists need to be burned by Kentucky until they stop ranking them so highly?

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

As far as I’m concerned, let’s stay out of all these preseason rankings and keep this team hungry. Nobody outside of Juwan and Romeo has proved themselves to be a game changer. I want these guys to step up, have a chip on their shoulder and prove their worth. 

That said, how many times do these columnists need to be burned by Kentucky until they stop ranking them so highly?

#stayhungry

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

A few weeks ago there was an article talking about the projected preseason top 10, and for UK it said if their two projected second-round picks come back it could be like 2014-15 again (their "almost perfect" season). I think anyone with an IQ above room temperature can get published by ESPN these days.

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

A few weeks ago there was an article talking about the projected preseason top 10, and for UK it said if their two projected second-round picks come back it could be like 2014-15 again (their "almost perfect" season). I think anyone with an IQ above room temperature can get published by ESPN these days.

Was that the season, when their fans were projecting 40 and 0 ?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Was that the season, when their fans were projecting 40 and 0 ?

The 40-0 talk started in 2013, when they brought in a freshman class that featured 6 of the top 20 recruits nationally. It ended after their second game. That season looked like it was going off the rails until their improbable run to the championship game. Then they brought back almost everyone and a year later we were the biggest Wisconsin fans on the planet for one night.

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The 40-0 talk started in 2013, when they brought in a freshman class that featured 6 of the top 20 recruits nationally. It ended after their second game. That season looked like it was going off the rails until their improbable run to the championship game. Then they brought back almost everyone and a year later we were the biggest Wisconsin fans on the planet for one night.

Thanks. Gotta admit that the 40-0 T's looked better on the ladies, than the guys.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-14-at-10.15.12-AM.jp

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Room temperature optional

35 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Another ranking comes out, and once again the Hoosiers are not included.  We weigh in on what we think they are missing.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/about-those-too-early-college-basketball-rankings-what-they-are-missing-on-indiana/

Really enjoy your articles, thank you.  I especially admire your printing the hard truth facts.

26 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That';s right....just keep underestimating IU and over-ranking Kensucky.  I can't wait for this season....

I think Archie will play up the chip on the shoulder with these guys and they'll take off with it 

10 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Another ranking comes out, and once again the Hoosiers are not included.  We weigh in on what we think they are missing.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/about-those-too-early-college-basketball-rankings-what-they-are-missing-on-indiana/

Great article, as always.

It's almost like we'e receiving no credit at all for Romeo.  

On 5/24/2018 at 7:20 AM, 5fouls said:

Great article, as always.

It's almost like we'e receiving no credit at all for Romeo.  

The way I look at it is that we are receiving credit for what we have done the last two years.

Archived