UNC Goes Before NCAA Today

Well, another day has come and gone.  And the NCAA has not issued the report to UNC, that they previously offered they would be doing last Friday.  Not only is this coming Friday, the scheduled date of Late Night With Roy, as well as Friday the 13th.  Wouldn't it be ironic, if the NCAA took away UNC's latest banner, which is also scheduled to be raised on Friday the 13th..... before UNC gets a chance to raise it ?  Along with other banners from over the past 20 years. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well, another day has come and gone.  And the NCAA has not issued the report to UNC, that they previously offered they would be doing last Friday.  Not only is this coming Friday, the scheduled date of Late Night With Roy, as well as Friday the 13th.  Wouldn't it be ironic, if the NCAA took away UNC's latest banner, which is also scheduled to be raised on Friday the 13th..... before UNC gets a chance to raise it ?  Along with other banners from over the past 20 years. 

I really don't see anything happening to them. I don't think the NCAA wants to hurt that blue blood program since it so tied directly to another blue blood program down the road. 

6 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I really don't see anything happening to them. I don't think the NCAA wants to hurt that blue blood program since it so tied directly to another blue blood program down the road. 

There are many UNC fans that are expecting UNC to get slapped by the NCAA.  My UNC "Insider" confirms.  The only thing in question is how hard the NCAA slaps UNC. In fact, may UNC fans, including my "insider", believes that UNC should get hit. He believes there will be punishments. And depending on how harsh they are will determine if UNC takes the NCAA to court.

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I really enjoy your posts jeff, but using that logic Louisville won't be punished because of its ties to UK and IU is forever scot-free due to its connection to Purd...oh, wait

14 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I really enjoy your posts jeff, but using that logic Louisville won't be punished because of its ties to UK and IU is forever scot-free due to its connection to Purd...oh, wait

I hope they get hammered but nothing surprises me anymore. Hopefully by the time I turn 70 the NCAA will make a decision. According to my wife I am very illogical. 

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

Any indication on what is in the notice? 

Not specifically in terms of what, if any punishments.  The process is for the NCAA to give notice to the school, and then within 24 hours later, to make their findings public.

This all was supposed to happen last week.  But the NCAA delayed it.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not specifically in terms of what, if any punishments.  The process is for the NCAA to give notice to the school, and then within 24 hours later, to make their findings public.

This all was supposed to happen last week.  But the NCAA delayed it.

Thanks Mile!   I figured as much but wasn't sure if he or she had an inside track on what may be coming.

4 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

Thanks Mile!   I figured as much but wasn't sure if he or she had an inside track on what may be coming.

You are welcome. I don't normally share info that is not co-oberated (sp?) by a second source.  However, have known this UNC "Insider" for years.  And anything he/she has shared with me has been spot on.  UNC "Insider" is saying no one at this point knows  what to expect.  The NCAA did not even tip their hand during the COI meeting held this summer.  And anything coming out now, is pure speculation. 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are welcome. I don't normally share info that is not co-oberated (sp?) by a second source.  However, have known this UNC "Insider" for years.  And anything he/she has shared with me has been spot on.  UNC "Insider" is saying no one at this point knows  what to expect.  The NCAA did not even tip their hand during the COI meeting held this summer.  And anything coming out now, is pure speculation. 

Corroborated is the word you're looking for, pal.

I am hoping that the NCAA's delay was to really sew things up, make sure things were as airtight as they could make them. 

9 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Corroborated is the word you're looking for, pal.

I am hoping that the NCAA's delay was to really sew things up, make sure things were as airtight as they could make them. 

UNC "Insider" claims that the NCAA delay was due to the billion dollar fund raiser, that UNC held last weekend.  Says, UNC asked the NCAA to delay... and the NCAA agreed to delay.   And thanks for the spelling.... two R's.  Should have known that.  LOL 

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

UNC "Insider" claims that the NCAA delay was due to the billion dollar fund raiser, that UNC held last weekend.  Says, UNC asked the NCAA to delay... and the NCAA agreed to delay.   And thanks for the spelling.... two R's.  Should have known that.  LOL 

You bet.

Well, that action was either a harbinger of what’s to come: more handling UNC with kid gloves; or, giving them one last little gasp before they crush them. 

I am hoping with the Feds now actively in things, it will embolden or force the NCAA to take real action.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

ABOUT TIME!!!!

Will this be a "Friday news drop"?.....

Well.  Could be very disruptive to Late Night with Roy.  Romeo will be there.  Also, UNC is planning on raising their last banner on Friday night.  Or a vindication of the program.  Could go either way.  Though from what I am gathering, UNC is going to get hit with some type of failure to monitor..... and may be just for the women's BB program. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well.  Could be very disruptive to Late Night with Roy.  Romeo will be there.  Also, UNC is planning on raising their last banner on Friday night.  Or a vindication of the program.  Could go either way.  Though from what I am gathering, UNC is going to get hit with some type of failure to monitor..... and may be just for the women's BB program. 

Ha ha woman's BB takes the fall!

I don't expect much to come of this but will be pleasantly surprised if biting sanctions are delivered to the men's program.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Take two down, put one up. Seems fair.

Archived