UNC Goes Before NCAA Today

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Just got home from a week of camping in Northern Michigan and I see the NCAA did exactly what I figured they would do. I had a feeling Carolina was going to get off the hook. Never say never. 

Hope you had a great time in Northern Michigan. Though not at the top, I have spent a considerable amount of time in Northern Michigan.  Traverse City, Northport and Sutton's Bay.  Beautiful country. 

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks, Rico.  Good article by Gary Parrish.  He catches what many of us are thinking.  The NCAA's motto should be "divorced from reality."

That's a divorce that not even 5Fouls would get behind.

Yeah, he hit a lot of nails on the head.  Just shaking my head.

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Hope you had a great time in Northern Michigan. Though not at the top, I have spent a considerable amount of time in Northern Michigan.  Traverse City, Northport and Sutton's Bay.  Beautiful country. 

Thanks Mile. We had a great time. We were at Ludington State Park. We go twice per year, once for two weeks in late July with all of my wife's family (we take up about 40 campsites) and in mid October with three other couples. The weather wasn't the best but we were able to do some hiking and we could sit by the fire every night. 
Next summer we are taking off and heading up through the upper peninsula for a couple of weeks. I think we might even come back home through Wisconsin. 

Hope all is well with you and your family. 

I dont know why everyone is so upset about this NCAA ruling on UNC.  After reading the report it was very clear that there was just a clear misunderstanding.  UNC misinterpreted the "one and done" rule.  They thought that it meant that those athletes that were projected to turn pro only had to take "one" class and they were "done" with college.  So in trying to really help their "student" athletes why not just create 1 class for all of them. As you can see just a simple misunderstanding.   I am so happy and proud thatthe NCAA got this one right.

Archived