Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Indykev

UNC Goes Before NCAA Today

Gee, they are all over exceeding cell phone call limits to recruits (rightfully so, btw...a rule is a rule) but actual academic shenanigans they leave up to the school???! What a joke...Its no wonder the FBI had to step in....

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Gee, they are all over exceeding cell phone call limits to recruits (rightfully so, btw...a rule is a rule) but actual academic shenanigans they leave up to the school???! What a joke...Its no wonder the FBI had to step in....

Goes back to the whole thing about: the only reason IU got in that much trouble was because they self-reported. If you disagree with the NCAA, they always back down, it seems...

I love the "well, athletes weren't the ONLY ones to benefit". Are you freaking kidding me? They should've been hammered on the basis whether or not ANY athlete took part in this.

Disappointed but I am not going to lose sleep over it. I guess they decided they could not conclude that it was just an athletic problem and not an education problem.

10 minutes ago, ephul said:

I love the "well, athletes weren't the ONLY ones to benefit". Are you freaking kidding me? They should've been hammered on the basis whether or not ANY athlete took part in this.

Agree 100%.  How are UNC diplomas even credible after this?  The basketball team did not receive improper benefits because fake classes were offered to every student?!?!   I'm sure there are classes like this at every university, but that's an awful excuse as to what makes their actions "acceptable"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoosierCPA said:

Agree 100%.  How are UNC diplomas even credible after this?  The basketball team did not receive improper benefits because fake classes were offered to every student?!?!   I'm sure there are classes like this at every university, but that's an awful excuse as to what makes their actions "acceptable"

CPA... welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation.  Thanks for joining. 

Maybe we just need to stop pretending that high level athletes go to college to get an 'education'. 

The NCAA just needs to come out and call a spade a spade.