UNC Goes Before NCAA Today

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Gee, they are all over exceeding cell phone call limits to recruits (rightfully so, btw...a rule is a rule) but actual academic shenanigans they leave up to the school???! What a joke...Its no wonder the FBI had to step in....

Goes back to the whole thing about: the only reason IU got in that much trouble was because they self-reported. If you disagree with the NCAA, they always back down, it seems...

10 minutes ago, ephul said:

I love the "well, athletes weren't the ONLY ones to benefit". Are you freaking kidding me? They should've been hammered on the basis whether or not ANY athlete took part in this.

Agree 100%.  How are UNC diplomas even credible after this?  The basketball team did not receive improper benefits because fake classes were offered to every student?!?!   I'm sure there are classes like this at every university, but that's an awful excuse as to what makes their actions "acceptable"

1 minute ago, HoosierCPA said:

Agree 100%.  How are UNC diplomas even credible after this?  The basketball team did not receive improper benefits because fake classes were offered to every student?!?!   I'm sure there are classes like this at every university, but that's an awful excuse as to what makes their actions "acceptable"

CPA... welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation.  Thanks for joining. 

"The panel is troubled by the university's shifting positions about whether academic fraud occurred on its campus and the credibility of the Cadwalader report, which it distanced itself from after initially supporting the findings. However, NCAA policy is clear. The NCAA defers to its member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred and, ultimately, the panel is bound to making decisions within the rules set by the membership."

That's an actual quote from the report.  They defer to the member school to determine if academic fraud occurred?  That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

NCAA: "Hey Calipari.  None of your players went to class but they all got straight A's.  Sounds like academic fraud to me.  What do you think?"

Calipari: "Ummmm, no?"

NCAA: "Oh, okay.  Sounds good to me!  Have a great day."

Archived