Darius Garland

iRepIU

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As of right now he said he is but he said it is a toss up.  He said the people who told him it would be IU a few weeks ago have been quite.  He said people around Nashville thinks they have a good shot.  To me the key is that he said a few weeks ago everyone was telling him it would be IU.  If that is true and what his father said about he has been on one team for a few weeks that sounds like IU.

Thanks 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just glad it's getting close to being done. I could spin this both ways. I'm sure we all could. Reason for delay is not wanting to upset locals. Or perhaps vice versa he doesn't want to upset coaches at IU who he's obviously connected with (i.e only naming Ed in the interview I saw).

I won't lie. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't choose us. But given the length of time this staff has been involved? Good times ahead regardless but they'll be much better with DG on board. 

Rabjohn's is on 1430AM right now and he is saying pretty much what others are saying.  He said he couldn't make a pick right now because everyone has gone silent the last few days.  He also said he talk to Romeo's dad today and he said right now they have no plans to sign in the early signing period.  He thought that the final 3 would include IU and two of the 3 of KU, Vandy or UNC.  he thought just like I said earlier that if garland goes to Vandy that Vandy would be one of the 3 finalist.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Rabjohn's is on 1430AM right now and he is saying pretty much what others are saying.  He said he couldn't make a pick right now because everyone has gone silent the last few days.  He also said he talk to Romeo's dad today and he said right now they have no plans to sign in the early signing period.  He thought that the final 3 would include IU and two of the 3 of KU, Vandy or UNC.  he thought just like I said earlier that if garland goes to Vandy that Vandy would be one of the 3 finalist.

Call me crazy but and the sample size is small obviously. But our verbals came out of the blue. Maybe Archie has a strict no talking policy about pending verbals and maybe that's why everything has gone radio silent? Just throwing it out there. Certain staffs are known for leaking stuff. Couple of our former coaches had their media guys. 

Again. Small sample size...but Archie doesn't even want to let his current kids know who is starting until the bell goes off. He sure isn't going to be leaking recruiting information to anyone. 

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

Agree here. It’s all a hunch, but maybe this whole “time and place” stuff is so they can figure out a good, meaningful spot without having a large crowd to disappoint. 

It's Vanderbilt. Basketball. There is no "large" crowd to disappoint if he picks IU. 

33 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rabjohns was invited by the Garlands to come down and discuss the pros and cons list. From what I’ve seen, they did not discuss it with a Vandy writer. 

I just think it's Vandy all the way.  As soon as 0708 started talking about how Garland was almost certainly coming and that Romeo was a done deal after HH I've been convinced both were Vandy bound.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just think it's Vandy all the way.  As soon as 0708 started talking about how Garland was almost certainly coming and that Romeo was a done deal after HH I've been convinced both were Vandy bound.

0708 also said things had changed and it was Archie before it came out, so at least tell the whole story.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don’t remember saying that about Garland, I remember saying things are looking very good with him and they were. If you don’t like what I have to say ignore my posts.  Others seem to appreciate what I write as I appreciate what some others write as well.  Still hung up on the Donovan thing I see......

0708 is as good as it gets. In my opinion all of our mods are outstanding and do a phenomenal job. I greatly appreciate what they bring to this board and it makes no difference to me if the information they provide turns out different that what they post. They are just passing along the information they receive which is subject to change. 

43 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is there a point here, besides slapping a valued member of our forum?

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

They are just passing along the information they receive which is subject to change. 

Exactly this.  Everything should be taken at face value, and we should just sort through all of the information as it’s provided.  After all, these are kids making decisions and things can change on a whim.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride.  I truly believe Archie will get us where most of us want to go.  Darius would be great, but if he doesn’t come, it’s not the end of the world.

I hope we get both Darius and Romeo.  However, if that doesn't happen, it still won't change my support for CAM and the Commits we just received.  I hope this obsession over these 2 players isn't perceived as disrespectful to our commits.  I think the program is on a great track with or without Darius or Romeo.  I back the Cream and Crimson regardless who wears it!

24 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I hope we get both Darius and Romeo.  However, if that doesn't happen, it still won't change my support for CAM and the Commits we just received.  I hope this obsession over these 2 players isn't perceived as disrespectful to our commits.  I think the program is on a great track with or without Darius or Romeo.  I back the Cream and Crimson regardless who wears it!

Not to change the subject, but Jerome Hunter is a stud. Very underrated

Somehow my busy life prevented me from realizing this thread was so hot away from the main page, until Miles clued me in tonight. Thanks buddy! Not used to so much activity occurring on a separate board. Though, I must say I had a flashback to the "thread to end all threads" on the old board  with the "source" discussions at points! 

And from reading many pages of content (all of which is much appreciated!), it seems this comes down to the all too familiar Dumb and Dumber speculation.350.png

3 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Somehow my busy life prevented me from realizing this thread was so hot away from the main page, until Miles clued me in tonight. Thanks buddy! Not used to so much activity occurring on a separate board. Though, I must say I had a flashback to the "thread to end all threads" on the old board  with the "source" discussions at points! 

And from reading many pages of content (all of which is much appreciated!), it seems this comes down to the all too familiar Dumb and Dumber speculation.350.png

The chatbox is a great feature of HSN 3.0 .  Don't even need 140 characters, much less 280 !  Thanks for being part of the fun. 

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Easy there dbm.  If we are going to take everything everyone says as if it is written in stone, I should point out that you once said if IU selected Archie Miller, you were done with the program.......yet here you are?

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I thought Garland told the Vanderbilt staff he was coming weeks ago? :coffee:

Vandy people  were promoting a silent verbal to Vandy coaches.  You are correct.

It is obvious to me that Vanderbilt fans and publishers of Vanderbilt sites are not well versed when it comes to following a high status recruit.  That's not to say that Darius has not already decided on Vandy..... just to say, that fans such as us rarely can influence a five star on where to go, based on what they say on a fan board.

Wishing and hoping don't mean a thing. You gotta do the things he cares about.

Dusty Springfield ~ Wishin' and hopin' - YouTube

Archived