Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Easy there dbm.  If we are going to take everything everyone says as if it is written in stone, I should point out that you once said if IU selected Archie Miller, you were done with the program.......yet here you are?

Correct.  Archie is just too damn good.  I am sold even if we whiff on both Garland and Romeo.   

Say Shittu commits to Vandy, as well as Garland.  They have two top 20 players and another player by the name of Aaron Nesmith(ranked 100 on 24/7).  These three will not get them to say an elite 8 or sweet 16 appearance.  Even adding Romeo to this team I do not think(IMO) that its a elite 8 team or better(maybe a sweet 16 at best).  Yes it does make them really good and will compete for a possible SEC championship along with UK, but not a national contender.

Say Garland and Romeo both commit to IU, it makes IU close to a immediate contender.       

Best wishes to Garland and hope he can make a decision based on what's best for him.  I hate to see kids make choices that truly are not their own.  I remember my college choice.  There was my dream school and then the one my parents strongly suggested.  I'll let ya'll figure out which one I went to.

20 minutes ago, tmoneynow said:

Best wishes to Garland and hope he can make a decision based on what's best for him.  I hate to see kids make choices that truly are not their own.  I remember my college choice.  There was my dream school and then the one my parents strongly suggested.  I'll let ya'll figure out which one I went to.

Winston went on record just recently..... saying the final decision would be entirely Darius's.  Just wanted to pass that along to you. 

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Rabjohns feedback from Garlands dad: "it could be an ESPN, could be facebook live at the Scout HQ" sounds like they're not doing this at his HS Gym surrounded by a bunch of local media and kids from Nashville...If that's true, it's gotta be a good thing for IU

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Some guy switched his Crystal ball to Vandy -- again not sure if this is a "gut" feel or actual intel for his switching.  Keep an eye on Jerry Meyer - still has IU. 

Maybe it's just me personally, but I really don't trust the crystal ball votes. Kevin Knox before he committed to Kentucky was like around 60% Duke if i remember correctly so they aren't always accurate.

I have been looking at the guide for all of the ESPN and have not found any signing day specials for basketball.  If he is announcing on ESPN I would think it would be on a signing day special.  it is funny that ESPN has like 13 hours of coverage on the first day of the signing for football but can't have anything for basketball.

My git has been saying Vandy. I think we almost changed his mind at HH, but he will chose to stay home and hang with family and friends. My gut also tells me we get Romeo bUT I don't think it's as done deal as some think. I think he's was going to Louisville until they got caught.

2 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Maybe it's just me personally, but I really don't trust the crystal ball votes. Kevin Knox before he committed to Kentucky was like around 60% Duke if i remember correctly so they aren't always accurate.

This is true - I believe Blackmon was almost at 100% for UK till just about the final moment. 

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Why not Shittu? It's not like he's just the average player. He's a top 10 recruit. 

Didn’t mean to downplay the player that he is, but...

Romeo is a Top 5 player. Shittu is 9. Splitting hairs, of course, maybe. IU is IU, Vandy is Vandy. Many have Romeo as an IU guy. If I’m considering IU as top 2, and i could potentially form the “best backcourt” in college basketball plus all the other perks, I would choose Romeo and IU. Better player, better program, better exposure, more national splash. But nothing wrong with choosing Vandy. Wouldn’t blame him at all. 

9 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Didn’t mean to downplay the player that he is, but...

Romeo is a Top 5 player. Shittu is 9. Splitting hairs, of course, maybe. IU is IU, Vandy is Vandy. Many have Romeo as an IU guy. If I’m considering IU as top 2, and i could potentially form the “best backcourt” in college basketball plus all the other perks, I would choose Romeo and IU. Better player, better program, better exposure, more national splash. But nothing wrong with choosing Vandy. Wouldn’t blame him at all. 

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Romeo and Garland play together for bit...maybe in a tournament in China? From what I read they enjoyed playing with each other. 

Archived