Darius Garland

iRepIU

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Romeo and Garland play together for bit...maybe in a tournament in China? From what I read they enjoyed playing with each other. 

I could stand corrected, but I believe they played together on the USA team. I saw an interview where everyone that played with Garland loved him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been looking at the guide for all of the ESPN and have not found any signing day specials for basketball.  If he is announcing on ESPN I would think it would be on a signing day special.  it is funny that ESPN has like 13 hours of coverage on the first day of the signing for football but can't have anything for basketball.

$$$$$$... football>basketball

13 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Romeo and Garland play together for bit...maybe in a tournament in China? From what I read they enjoyed playing with each other. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I could stand corrected, but I believe they played together on the USA team. I saw an interview where everyone that played with Garland loved him.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/10/09/recruiting-notebook-langford-garland-talk-recruiting-at-usa-junior-national-team-mini-camp/

Here is a link to Alex Bozich's article that talks about them both playing at the USA Junior basketball camp

Been following this thread.......really dont have much input other than this.  I am half Tennessean, my Mother was born and raised there and I still got family there.  Doesn't seem to me like anyone has talked about the city of Nashville.  Take Vandy out of the equation as they are fine academic school.  But has anyone mentioned the city?  I love it, to me it is better than Bloomington.  They got two pro franchises there and the music is awesome.  I love eating there.  I am just throwing out another caveat.  Hope I didn't piss anybody off.

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Darius's former AAU coach thinks he is going to IU. I'm sure it's an unsubstantiated opinion, but it carries as much weight as all the Vandy chatter. He also thinks Romeo is IU bound.

I just heard this as well - good news imo. I think this is a lot more substantial than Vandy chatter.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Been following this thread.......really dont have much input other than this.  I am half Tennessean, my Mother was born and raised there and I still got family there.  Doesn't seem to me like anyone has talked about the city of Nashville.  Take Vandy out of the equation as they are fine academic school.  But has anyone mentioned the city?  I love it, to me it is better than Bloomington.  They got two pro franchises there and the music is awesome.  I love eating there.  I am just throwing out another caveat.  Hope I didn't piss anybody off.

It is a very nice city but we are talking about a 18 year old kid who couldn't get into the places with great music.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is a very nice city but we are talking about a 18 year old kid who couldn't get into the places with great music.

My point was it offers more than Bloomington.  Seems like too many want to talk about tradition and I get that.  

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Good call out. I certainly hadn't ha. I kinda lump that into home town advantage. Lol still great callout to me. I hadn't thought about it like that. I was thinking program V program. 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

My point was it offers more than Bloomington.  Seems like too many want to talk about tradition and I get that.  

My preference is to go to a college town and not a college in a big city.  To me it feels more like a college experience when you go to a traditional college town instead of a big city.  That is why I wouldn't want to go to UL or a St' Johns or a DePaul.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My preference is to go to a college town and not a college in a big city.  To me it feels more like a college experience when you go to a traditional college town instead of a big city.  That is why I wouldn't want to go to UL or a St' Johns or a DePaul.

But we are not talking about your preferences.  Geez, and OMG.

Regarding Btown vs Nashville, I will weigh in as I have lived in both cities.  Nashville is an awesome town and a great place to live.  Lots of stuff to do and lots of pretty girls.  I lived there right after I got out of College.  I think it was the perfect town to live in as a young professional.  I'm sure I would have had fun living there in College too, but I think I had more fun (especially as a  freshman and sophomore) in Bloomington than I could have in Nashville.  I personally think Bloomington is a great city to experience college in and Nashville is a great city for young professionals.  I think I did it exactly right.

As far as what a young man such as Darius would prefer is up to him.  I think one thing going for us actually is that Darius has lived in Nashville for 5 years and knows exactly what is available to kids his age there and maybe a change of scenery, a little more distance from Mom and Dad, a little more independence is what he wants.  I don't know what he wants, but there are just as many advantages to living in Btown as there is to living in Nashville at that point in a young adults life.

Archived