Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Apparently the Vandy coaching staff is calling around trying to get information on Darius again today. Seems like something Crean would do. Embarrassing.

They should be calling Jeff, or what ever his name is.... who runs the Vandy fan site.  Seems he knows everything.  LOL

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Darius's former AAU coach thinks he is going to IU. I'm sure it's an unsubstantiated opinion, but it carries as much weight as all the Vandy chatter. He also thinks Romeo is IU bound.

Been scratching my head. I seem to remember reading quite a while ago that Darius's AAU coach is a good friend of Winston. That they talk together all the time.  And the reason Winston moved his family from Gary was to have Darius on this team, as he was not happy finding an AAU team in NWI.

Same kind of thing happened with De'Ron Davis.  Played on Danny Fisher's AAU team.  And then enrolled at Overland in Aurora, Colorado to play for Fischer in high school, even though De'Ron lived in Denver, and should have gone to Denver East High School.

2 hours ago, rico said:

My point was it offers more than Bloomington.  Seems like too many want to talk about tradition and I get that.  

Depends on what the kid is looking for -- if it's the college campus / university atmosphere, IU rules. If it's city life, it's Nashville. But music? Context, mostly country. Most of these kids are not country music fans. (Thank God). 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

They should be calling Jeff, or what ever his name is.... who runs the Vandy fan site.  Seems he knows everything.  LOL

I almost posted earlier that I wish they would call me. One thing is for sure that would be the last phone call they made regarding Darius. lol

59 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Over 50,000 views! That's some serious love Darius. Try getting that attention at Vandy.

Absolutely.  I just don't get the conversation about a 5 star basketball player choosing a school because of the town he could eventually end up playing in.  Two great towns.  However, I seriously doubt the town has anything to do with his decision. It's ancillary to his final decision.  What matters, is first and foremost.... his relationship to his head coach. Next his relationship to his team mates.  And how he will fit into his head coaches' system.  And so many other things that fall into the equation, before what the town is like. And down on that list is how the fans will be towards him, with one notable exception.  I think we already saw how that may come into play, when Darius stepped onto the court at HH.... and his MOM broke into tears at the reception the Garland's received.  To me... that one event is weighing heavily on Darius's decision as to which school to choose.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think we already saw how that may come into play, when Darius stepped onto the court at HH.... and his MOM broke into tears at the reception the Garland's received.  To me... that one event is weighing heavily on Darius's decision as to which school to choose.

Let's hope that is a BIG factor. Unless he doesn't want to see his mom crying :panic:

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Over 50,000 views! That's some serious love Darius. Try getting that attention at Vandy.

No kidding.  There is basically no Vandy fansite presence to be found.  BTW, the DG thread views on one of the other sites is up over 100K - that's 150K on just two IU message boards.

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

No kidding.  There is basically no Vandy fansite presence to be found.  BTW, the DG thread views on one of the other sites is up over 100K - that's 150K on just two IU message boards.

So, basically 1000 of us checking 10x /day for 15 days? 

Archived