Darius Garland

iRepIU

23 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

"That makes the timing of the announcement interesting, to say the least. Indiana plays Seton Hall in a game that tips off at 5:30 on Wednesday. The initial word was that Garland would make his announcement either on Friday or Monday, both days that Vanderbilt has a game. Vanderbilt does not play on Wednesday."

This is what was written by a Vandy beat writer. I think we're trying to spin things in favor of IU, but honestly this makes more sense. Garland may have chosen Wednesday because he didn't want to be a distraction for Vandy's games. Time will tell, but I think Darius is gone.

Not that many people watch Vandy games and the coaches will know ahead of time so who would it distract? IMO, it would be more advantageous for Vandy to have the announcement prior to one of their games to try to create more buzz and use that buzz to appeal to Shittu and Romeo. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I think it's kind of amusing how much a bunch of adults are analyzing a high school kid's decision.  But, hey, I'll play too.

Maybe 5:30 is the time due to 2 very simple family reasons.  First, his parents wouldn't have to miss any time at work.  And, second, 5:30 is right after his practice is over.  No missed school, no missed work, don't mess with practice.

It's all in good fun. I think everyone here is pretty obviously excited about the possibility of Darius coming to IU. That being said, if he chooses Vanderbilt, life goes on and nothing really changes for us all personally. It's still fun to be obsessive about it though.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

It's all in good fun. I think everyone here is pretty obviously excited about the possibility of Darius coming to IU. That being said, if he chooses Vanderbilt, life goes on and nothing really changes for us all personally. It's still fun to be obsessive about it though.

Oh, I agree.  That's why I decided to play along!

Ok here's my theory and then I am done, barring any major news..(who am I kidding, I'll probably refresh this 50 times by Monday).

Darius is going to Vanderbilt. He set the date for Wednesday prior to realizing we were playing a major game against Seton Hall. In addition to this, Vandy plays monday. He didn't want to cause a ruckus by committing elsewhere at the same time our game started, and so he changed it.

4 minutes ago, Kodos said:

Interesting. The announcement has been moved to Monday, the 13th. Dan Marino's number was 13, and he played college in Pittsburgh. I think we have our answer, boys.

This, by far, is my favorite theory on this whole situation. Quick, someone get on flight tracker and see if Marino is flying to Nashville!

3 minutes ago, Kodos said:

Interesting. The announcement has been moved to Monday, the 13th. Dan Marino's number was 13, and he played college in Pittsburgh. I think we have our answer, boys.

I would buy this if I wasn't 100 percent positive that it was Montana State. But its the Bobcats guys. I would tweet it out but I dont use twitter.

7 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Not going to lie, love the community & forum - but you guy's are flat out ridiculous relating the timing to our Seton Hall game.  Lol, cracking up imagining how on-point people thought this was.  O well!  Announcement time was always driven by media availability / school schedule.  

Guess who in the media wasn’t available on Wednesday that is available Monday?

That on-point enough for you?

Archived