Darius Garland

iRepIU

12 minutes ago, Burton Guster said:

Is anyone else like me and kind of admiring how the Garland family is handling all of this? I'm sure we all wish we'd hear a pro-IU leak or something, but there's something impressive to me about not hearing it from someone else and Darius actually getting the moment to himself. 

The Montana State coaches are absolutely loving it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Did Archie go down to Nashville yesterday? Wasn't he planning to?

Over a week ago, word was that Archie would make one more visit before Darius announced.  However, if Archie made it to Brentwood yesterday... I am not aware of it.

On the other hand.... I do know who has plans of making it to Brentwood on Monday.  And I am sure there are other board members that know as well. 

17 minutes ago, Burton Guster said:

Is anyone else like me and kind of admiring how the Garland family is handling all of this? I'm sure we all wish we'd hear a pro-IU leak or something, but there's something impressive to me about not hearing it from someone else and Darius actually getting the moment to himself. 

You are correct.  The Garland's have done a great job of keeping this to themselves. 

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey guys.  As of late Sunday afternoon..... the IU staff has not been notified that IU is out of it.  That's not to say that IU is the choice.  Just that IU is not out of it as of yet. 

The Garland's are perfecting the art, when it comes to not leaking. 

No disrespect intended Mile. But I view this as only being relevant if someone has been notified that they are out of the running. If you are aware that the Garland's have eliminated a program, please let us all in on the news. Otherwise, knowing that   things are staid quo is pretty much a non-starter

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Over a week ago, word was that Archie would make one more visit before Darius announced.  However, if Archie made it to Brentwood yesterday... I am not aware of it.

On the other hand.... I do know who has plans of making it to Brentwood on Monday.  And I am sure there are other board members that know as well. 

Peegs and Rabjohns will be there.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I wouldn’t think that Rabjohns would

go unless he’s pretty sure he’s popping for IU.  Maybe I’m wrong, but it wouldn’t make any sense.

You wouldn't think so but my gut has been saying Vandy the whole time.  It would be weird though for Rabjohns to go down there 3 times in just a few weeks if he didn't think Garland was coming.

7 minutes ago, madmax said:

I'm assuming the Vandy beat writers will be there as well.

It really might just be that no one really has any solid info, and Rab doesn't want to miss if he does end up committing. Just playing devils advocate.

I believe Rabby is the only one invited if I understood things correctly.

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You wouldn't think so but my gut has been saying Vandy the whole time.  It would be weird though for Rabjohns to go down there 3 times in just a few weeks if he didn't think Garland was coming.

However, Rabjohns is apparently close to the Garlands, and probably feels he should go cover it regardless how he thinks it'll go.

Archived