Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

No disrespect intended Mile. But I view this as only being relevant if someone has been notified that they are out of the running. If you are aware that the Garland's have eliminated a program, please let us all in on the news. Otherwise, knowing that   things are staid quo is pretty much a non-starter

No disrespect taken.  But late late Sunday night. To the best of my knowledge.... neither IU or Vandy have been notified that they have been eliminated.  That may have been the procedure for other recruiting families.  However in this instance, it seems that the Garland's are setting a new standard. Which, quite frankly.... I find refreshing.  Let the recruit... in this instance.... have his day in the sun.... unlike what has happened with other recruits in the past with leaks before the official announcement. 

To me, this feels like the Theo Pinson recruitment... We were the clear cut leader until right before the announcement.... then he picks UNC. I feel the same way with Garland-- everyone seems to think he's leaning to Vandy but I think he's been a silent lock for IU after HH... Then add the Peegs guys heading down tomorrow... I'm thinking it's IU... we shall see...

1 minute ago, HoosierLT said:

To me, this feels like the Theo Pinson recruitment... We were the clear cut leader until right before the announcement.... then he picks UNC. I feel the same way with Garland-- everyone seems to think he's leaning to Vandy but I think he's been a silent lock for IU after HH... Then add the Peegs guys heading down tomorrow... I'm thinking it's IU... we shall see...

Hey ..... thanks for becoming an HSN 3.0 member this evening.  As far as the Peegs guys heading to Tennessee on Monday.... I just don't know what to make of it.  As late as it is, this is one time, I still have no late intel on to what Darius is going to do.... unlike I did with Cody and De'Ron. 

Peegs and Rabjohns will both be there tomorrow for the announcement. They are saying they will both be in the area to meet with the bosses at their headquarters down there. However, I still think it’s an awful big coicidence. They’ve said for a long time that they wouldn’t go down for the announcement if they had solid info IU wasn’t the choice. So at least that isn’t the case. They just seem to drop hints here and there and IU is Peegs gut pick. Also find it extremely odd that Winston Garland calls Rabjohns to give him info before everyone else. He’s done it on multiple occasions and why would he if Vandy was the pick? I don’t know. I have no clue what to think but my gut still tells me it’s IU with everything that has happened.

Yeah I was looking at it yesterday, and every Devil's Den "analyst" had Vandy picked.  They either know something, which I HIGHLY doubt since it's been so tight lipped, or else they're just following each other.  There's only two people choosing IU and that's Jerry Meyer and Chris Fisher.  These two gentlemen also happen to be the two people with the highest percentage of correctly picking the prospect's destination.  Jerry has a 74% accuracy on almost 1000 picks and Chris has a 72% accuracy on about 750 picks.  The next closest person has 600 picks, and then it drops off to about 300 picks.  It's going to be an interesting day.

1 minute ago, KDB said:

With how much smoke there has been in this recruitment, it's not easy to know where he is going unless your last name is Garland.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were Vandy, but I think he is going to be a Hoosier.

Hope you're right. The fact of the matter is that top 10 players don't go to IU though. Zeller wasn't even a top 10 player. 

Archived