Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, BDB said:

When this is all said and done, I wil be most happy if we never hear Montana State again. 

Don't think that will happen. I don't know if you've heard, but Montana State has come out of nowhere to be a recruiting powerhouse and is being mentioned with several top recruits. I'm afraid as long as we are going after 5 * , Montana State is going to be in the conversation.

From my thinking these things would look promising to him coming to IU.  Garland's dad saying that a few weeks ago he pretty much narrowed it to one school he was looking at. That time from was when he came to IU for HH.  they talked about how great of experience HH was and that could be a good sign.  Them changing the date of the announcement so Rabjohn's could make it down for the announcement could be a good sign.  I would doubt that Rabjohn's would want to go down there if they knew he was going to Vandy.

Good signs for Vandy is that most of the experts think he is going there. Romeo keeping Vandy on the list shows me that Garland might be going there.  Shittu looks like he will be going to Vandy as well.

With all of this I have a feeling he will go to Vandy.

As a fan I can't see any reason why Garland would pick Vandy over IU.  As a parent of a college students I can see why he would want to go to Vandy over IU.  As a parent of a student at IU I am glad she is only a couple of hours away so I can come and see her.  Next year my son will be at ISU and I am glad that is within a couple hours as well.  If they were athletes I would want to be able to see them play most of their games.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As a fan I can't see any reason why Garland would pick Vandy over IU.  As a parent of a college students I can see why he would want to go to Vandy over IU.  As a parent of a student at IU I am glad she is only a couple of hours away so I can come and see her.  Next year my son will be at ISU and I am glad that is within a couple hours as well.  If they were athletes I would want to be able to see them play most of their games.

Nashville is only a couple hours away from Btown 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To play with two other top 10 players. IU has had 1 top 10 player (two if you want to count zeller who was fringe top 10). We have one final four in thirty years. IU isn't the draw that everyone thinks it is. Our results on the recruiting trail are plain to see unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, KDB said:

Current discussion on the Vandy board.

5a09b22bd7309_ScreenShot2017-11-13at9_56_50AM.png.00640857ca2d9473628ced4968e9fb26.png

Lol

Currently, I have no clue as to who Darius is going to pick this afternoon.  Rare for me, this close to an announcement.

On the other hand.... the publisher of Vandy 247 has an accuracy rating of 59% (217/213).

While Jerry Meyer has an accuracy rating of 74% (739/995).

Which prompts the question..... who's the real idiot here ?

Just now, milehiiu said:

Currently, I have no clue as to who Darius is going to pick this afternoon.  Rare for me, this close to an announcement.

On the other hand.... the publisher of Vandy 247 has an accuracy rating of 59% (217/213).

While Jerry Meyer has an accuracy rating of 74% (739/995).

Which prompts the question..... who's the real idiot here ?

Meyer will change last minute if he needs too

Just now, HoosierJax said:

Meyer will change last minute if he needs too

Exactly.  We know he does not always get it correct.  However his percentage is high, because, all too often, he gets last minute intel, which causes him to change late.So far, with Darius that has not happened.

3 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Darius was at Vandy's last game. Kinda points me in the direction that he chooses Vandy. Just a gut feeling

I highly doubt that to be true, it would be all over social media. Where are you hearing this?

Archived