Darius Garland

iRepIU

Just now, IU Scott said:

Nothing more that the coaching staff could have done with the recruitment of Garland and Romeo.  If  the kids want to go elsewhere then there is nothing a coach can do.

Agreed. Hopefully Romeo "stays home" as well. Still a great job by Archie getting a strong of a class as he has (and hopefully stronger if Romeo comes). Wish the best for Garland as well...he seems like a great kid.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

That writer just stole the kid's announcement... that sucks. With the quotes from Garland in there, clearly that article was supposed to run after the announcement.

Good luck to Darius. Seems like a good kid. Hope Romeo stays home too.

4 minutes ago, Shooter said:

That writer just stole the kid's announcement... that sucks. With the quotes from Garland in there, clearly that article was supposed to run after the announcement.

Good luck to Darius. Seems like a good kid. Hope Romeo stays home too.

Someone should call Paul Biancardi out on Twitter for leaking the news before his announcement time.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If the Garlands didn't want it out they shouldn't have given an interview before hand.

Agreed.  If the kid really didn’t want “his thunder to be stolen,” he should’ve just announced when he made the decision.  Instead, the family dragged it out because they obviously loved the media and fan attention (mostly coming from IU), and the decision leaked.  Too bad, so sad.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Its time IU fans understand that our banners no longer mean anything.  

I think one of the things we are over looking here, and I admit to being guilty of it, is the long standing close relationship Darius and the family had with the Drew's.  In the end, that was one tough nut to crack.  Doubt this had anything to do with banners.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I think one of the things we are over looking here, and I admit to being guilty of it, is the long standing close relationship Darius and the family had with the Drew's.  In the end, that was one tough nut to crack.  Doubt this had anything to do with banners.

You are correct. Because Vandy has 0 and will never have any Banners hanging.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Its time IU fans understand that our banners no longer mean anything.  

Yeah, I don’t think most people play the “history” thing anymore. From a pure basketball standpoint (atmosphere, arena, conference, exposure, etc.) I’m not sure many people can spin it to the idea Vandy has any type of advantage. If they do, I think they have loose screws. The kid wanted to stay home and/or knew he’d have the opportunity to play with Shittu, and maybe others. Simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You are correct. Because Vandy has 0 and will never have any Banners hanging.

We are always hearing about kids choosing a school for the coach, more than the school. I had known that Darius had a long standing relationship with the Drew's, but did not know it went all the way to when he was in the 3rd grade.  Upon learning of that, I am even more impressed with Archie in his ability to even get this close.

Just now, milehiiu said:

We are always hearing about kids choosing a school for the coach, more than the school. I had known that Darius had a long standing relationship with the Drew's, but did not know it went all the way to when he was in the 3rd grade.  Upon learning of that, I am even more impressed with Archie in his ability to even get this close.

I never thought I would say this - but now I'm not so positive about Romeo anymore - we now have to take Vandy very seriously. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Hopefully Langford comes, but I think Archie can nail the 2019 class. He just got here and our class next year is good even without these guys. Anything on top of that would of been pretty incredible. I think it's a little dramatic to be too disappointed in a kid for picking his "home town" school. Archie made up a lot of ground fast, which is a very good sign. Our focus should be building on the momentum we have. Hopefully we see great improvement in the team throughout the season.These freshman already look pretty good, now it's about getting the upperclassmen healthy and playing up to their abilities.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I never thought I would say this - but now I'm not so positive about Romeo anymore - we now have to take Vandy very seriously. 

I have been saying it for months. On the positive side if we still had Crean we would not be in his final three. But Vandy has always been a bigger threat for Romeo than Kansas.

Archived