Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So can someone explain how the oversign works?  Say Garland and Romeo both wanted to commit after Hoosier Hysteria.  Could Archie sign both of them in the fall and then work the scholarship situation out after this season ends?

Basically that means somebody has to go after the season is over.  

If Darius and Romeo are assumed to be a package together, does that lessen the worry of Louisville with Romeo? I feel pretty good about recruiting against Vandy, and it makes me wonder if together they view IU as the best option out of all of the schools each one has looked at if they plan to go together.

I could be wrong in the initial assumption though. Even just getting Garland would be great news.

13 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

If Darius and Romeo are assumed to be a package together, does that lessen the worry of Louisville with Romeo? I feel pretty good about recruiting against Vandy, and it makes me wonder if together they view IU as the best option out of all of the schools each one has looked at if they plan to go together.

I could be wrong in the initial assumption though. Even just getting Garland would be great news.

I think you are selling Vandy a little short here.  Evidently Drew has put the program together in short order and he is an Indiana guy.  I think players like/love him.  But we shall see how it all works out.

I know one thing. IU has Winston on our side.  The in home blew Winston away. Winston knew about the improvements to AH. But was very impressed what IU did to recently improve the weight room. Plus, he would like Darius to stay in state.  None of this would have been the case with Crean.

Not knocking Crean.  Just stating how this recruitment has turned. 

In the end. It is still Darius' decision to make.  But if it were up to Winston, Darius would be a Hoosier in  November. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Evan Daniels posting on Peegs Premie that Garland is down to Vandy and IU.

A duke writer on 247 also updated his crystal ball for Garland to IU this morning.

Checking with a Duke friend of mine.  He's telling me that he has not confirmed yet, but has been told that Duke cancelled their in home, scheduled for this week, with Darius.

Even if Vandy got both they still aren't contending for a FF or even winning their conference with UK around.  At IU they would be the B1G favorites and could compete for a banner especially if Deron develops into an elite big man.  Vandy does concern me though.  I'm starting to think these two may indeed be a package deal and Darius definitely appears to be the alpha of the two.  I hope it's not like the Oden/Conley recruitment where the lesser recruit is calling the shots. 

I think if Darius and Romeo sign Durham will be the one to go. He will get no playing time as he has Darius and Phinissee over him. I think Durham uses this year to showcase himself and also wait out to see if transfer rules are in place. Justin Smith is a freak of nature and for IU to lose him would be a mistake. I could see Moore being the other option to leave. I think if Davis leaves we need to replace him with a big man so we still need a guard to leave in my opinion. If Davis has a breakout year I'm sure he's already told Archie he will go Pro. That way Archie can use Darius and Romeo to get a last minute big man recruit.

53 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think if Darius and Romeo sign Durham will be the one to go. He will get no playing time as he has Darius and Phinissee over him. I think Durham uses this year to showcase himself and also wait out to see if transfer rules are in place. Justin Smith is a freak of nature and for IU to lose him would be a mistake. I could see Moore being the other option to leave. I think if Davis leaves we need to replace him with a big man so we still need a guard to leave in my opinion. If Davis has a breakout year I'm sure he's already told Archie he will go Pro. That way Archie can use Darius and Romeo to get a last minute big man recruit.

We are here for debate but the who's leaving debate is a waste of time. NONE of us thought Priller would make it 4 years and here we are. :D

Archived