Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can they pass this up 15 times a season? 

“That was incredible. We walked out to such a nice friendly ovation,” Winston Garland said. “I got goosebumps. I can walk into Assembly Hall and get goosebumps, but that was amazing. My wife had tears in her eyes. The reception that he got was just amazing and made me feel really proud. I’ve always been a Hoosier fan and to witness that, it was great.”

On 10/14/2017 at 6:38 PM, milehiiu said:

I have done some checking. A poster on one of the Vandy sites is claiming that Darius has told some Vandy players that he is going to commit there.  I would take this with a big grain of salt, seeing as  to the source.  And I would hope that if true, that Wells has a better source than a Vandy fan posting on his school fanboard.  Writers, however.... may be another story.  Yet again... take with a big grain of salt.  Darius is scheduled to attend HH.  If that visit gets cancelled, then I would start to become a believer.  However for now, I am not convinced.

I always fall back on Jared Jeffries in situations like this.  Who the night before he was to announce, told his parents he was committing to Duke, the next day.  Only to announce for IU the next day. 

It is coming directly from the Vandy writers and it is sourced.   It is not the Vandy poster.  

Jordan has made it very clear that it is not his information.  He said it is coming from their Vandy site/writers.  They feel and the Vandy staff feel very confident that Garland will commit there.  

27 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

It is coming directly from the Vandy writers and it is sourced.   It is not the Vandy poster.  

Jordan has made it very clear that it is not his information.  He said it is coming from their Vandy site/writers.  They feel and the Vandy staff feel very confident that Garland will commit there.  

1) I would expect Vandy to say that

2) That was before his great visit at Hoosier Hysteria 

3) IMO BOTH he and Romeo commit to IU 

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

Hey, thanks for that.  When I was checking, I found it from a Vandy poster.  DId not see any writers. 

I will be curious to see what they are saying after his visit to HH. 

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

Unless he reverted back to that late this afternoon, he had changed his own impression on the recruitment of DG as of last night.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:52 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Who is Jordon Wells?

As Mile mentioned, he is at Rivals.  I’ve been following his work.  He’s a young guy, but I think he’s really good and has a very nice future in this business.  He’s smart, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, careful with sourcing, etc.   He went to W Kentucky as I recall and may have done some work following ND recruiting in the past.  Nobody can be right all the time, but I think he’s a guy you can trust (unlike some others).

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

As Mile mentioned, he is at Rivals.  I’ve been following his work.  He’s a young guy, but I think he’s really good and has a very nice future in this business.  He’s smart, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, careful with sourcing, etc.   He went to W Kentucky as I recall and may have done some work following ND recruiting in the past.  Nobody can be right all the time, but I think he’s a guy you can trust (unlike some others).

Truth be known.  They are doing a good job over at TheHoosier.Com.  Our own Alex McCarthy was offered the position while at 247. But turned it down. And offered up a couple of names to take over the site, after Peagram moved from Rivals to Scout.

I just don't care for the inter fighting they allow on their free site. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Truth be known.  They are doing a good job over at TheHoosier.Com.  Our own Alex McCarthy was offered the position while at 247. But turned it down. And offered up a couple of names to take over the site, after Peagram moved from Rivals to Scout.

I just don't care for the inter fighting they allow on their free site. 

The premy isn’t any better. It is a free for all.  Threads ruined by the same posters fighting over the same crap.  I tried to post a solution and that got deleted. Oh well, thankfully there are other resources such as this site. 

1 hour ago, BDB said:

The premy isn’t any better. It is a free for all.  Threads ruined by the same posters fighting over the same crap.  I tried to post a solution and that got deleted. Oh well, thankfully there are other resources such as this site. 

One thing to know.  We will continue to strive to keep HSN 3.0  fight free, and on topic. And free of charge.  It's a shame to know pay for view sites, are so lax that they allow inter-fighting even on their pay per view boards.  You and the rest of HSN.03 have the assurance that the mod team here, will never allow that to happen here. And that the content here will continue to be free of charge....and with no advertisements, or requests for solicitations.

Currently, we are small. But we are strong.

And thank you for your trust in us. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

One thing to know.  We will continue to strive to keep HSN 3.0  fight free, and on topic. And free of charge.  It's a shame to know pay for view sites, are so lax that they allow inter-fighting even on their pay per view boards.  You and the rest of HSN.03 have the assurance that the mod team here, will never allow that to happen here. And that the content here will continue to be free of charge....and with no advertisements, or requests for solicitations.

Currently, we are small. But we are strong.

And thank you for your trust in us. 

Gotta say to hear that in this day and age is pretty darn refreshing. THANK YOU HSN!!

7 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

First post on the new site. Looks awesome guys! Sorry for being a little off subject lol...Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to basketball season. To be on the topic a bit. I think we get Romeo and Garland. Just my two cents!

Good to see you !

9 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

First post on the new site. Looks awesome guys! Sorry for being a little off subject lol...Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to basketball season. To be on the topic a bit. I think we get Romeo and Garland. Just my two cents!

What the heck took so long!? :)

10 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Saw u lurking wondered what took so long.  Welcome!

Sorry guys!  Had my first child a week ago so it has been a long last few months.  I've been lurking on a couple of sites at news and updates but haven't posted a ton.  Then found out where everyone went and came on over!  Glad to see alot of people made the move and all seems to be going well.  Thanks for putting this site together guys.

14 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Sorry guys!  Had my first child a week ago so it has been a long last few months.  I've been lurking on a couple of sites at news and updates but haven't posted a ton.  Then found out where everyone went and came on over!  Glad to see alot of people made the move and all seems to be going well.  Thanks for putting this site together guys.

Congrats on your first.  Cherish every second. As they seem to grow up over night.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think dad will be more disappointed than us if Darius goes somewhere else.

I agree, and that is great for us and most likely helps our chances. Especially if Darius knows that.

Edit: "There's nothing better than Indiana Basketball." ..... Gotta love hearing that, unless your a Vandy fan :D

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think dad will be more disappointed than us if Darius goes somewhere else.

Agreed haha. Seems like we have won over Mr. Garland hands down, just hope the same is true for Darius. Get a feeling we will land both, but anything can happen. 

Just love we have ave the talent coming in for visits, especially homegrown/in-state. Very exciting future!

Archived