Darius Garland

iRepIU

3 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Agreed haha. Seems like we have won over Mr. Garland hands down, just hope the same is true for Darius. Get a feeling we will land both, but anything can happen. 

Just love we have ave the talent coming in for visits, especially homegrown/in-state. Very exciting future!

yes by the low number of recruits at HH, just shows us where the staffs minds are.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks and feels like Garland is ours to lose. We got an in-home IU recruiter in Winston Garland on our side. Of course, the son's preference is the most important thing, but if he's got someone in his ears saying all the good things about IU every now and then, it's hard to beat. Plus, the dad Garland is not an ordinary dad raising a basketball player; he played the game for a long time. I'm sure Darius has a lot of respect for what his dad has to say. 

A lot of folks focus on who Garland might be playing for. Not much attention on who he would play against. Gotta think that the level of competition in the B1G will be much higher than the SEC and would prepare Darius for the next level better.

Don't know if a kid like this thinks like this, but certainly something to consider 

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I admit I don't follow the CB predictions all that much, but Jerry Meyers' chart shows 0.9984 for Romeo and 0.9957 for Darius. What do those numbers mean?

It's their rating

• 0.9900 and above is 5 star
  • 0.9200-0.9899 would be a 4 star
  • 0.8000-0.9199 would be a 3 star

Anything lower would be a 2 star, or not ranked.

Archived