Darius Garland

iRepIU

4 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Lots of movement on the Garland front. IU the only staff to watch Garland today and Vandy was a no show. Lots of chatter. Not so sure we won’t hear before signing day on this one. I feel confident we get both but I get a strong strong vibe Garland is a Hoosier for sure

Was not aware that Vandy was a no show. Personally, that tells me a lot.  Meyer may just be onto something, after all.  Hey.... thanks for the intel !

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Time for IU fans to start getting excited. If they had not after HH.  When Meyer changes his picks, he has a history of being on to something.

Darius Garland's Crystal Ball Predictions

And look for the older predictions to change as well.  They seem to get info from Meyer, and change as well, based on what he tells them

Yes, from my years following the CB on 24/7 a Jerry Meyer vote especially this late in the recruitment pretty much means that's where the recruit is going. 

BTW when I go to 24/7 site now, I always get a message that says "connection to the server was reset while page was loading".  The three things the message indicates may have occurred are not the case.  Do you know what's going on?

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Was not aware that Vandy was a no show. Personally, that tells me a lot.  Meyer may just be onto something, after all.  Hey.... thanks for the intel !

If they we're schedule and no showed then it should be game over. Might as well take the vacay/official visit to LA on UCLA's dime just to be 100% sure. 

4 minutes ago, slojoe said:

BTW when I go to 24/7 site now, I always get a message that says "connection to the server was reset while page was loading".  The three things the message indicates may have occurred are not the case.  Do you know what's going on?

CBS is in the process of merging the Scout sites into 247.  A week or so back, Shannon Terry tweeted out that 68% of the Scout sites had already been merged into the 247 platform. It may have something to do with that.  I don't know for sure.  That is why, when we asked CBS as to what they had planned for us, and they did not answer, we started up HSN 3.0 in August.  We gave them months to answer us back... and they never responded. 

Now...we have a site that is free of charge. No membership required.  No advertisements. And for the foreseeable future, we will not be hawking merchandise or having a hand out for contributions.

Yep Mile apparently Vandy didn’t show and we sent our two coaches. Also want to give the credit where it’s due. Rabjohns has been well out in front on this one by a wide margin. Meyer is just picking up the table scraps at this point. Rabjohns didn’t just drive to Tennessee today for no reason. Too me it’s a big deal for Rabjohns to be sent that far and for our coaches to be the only ones present this close to an announcement. Why wouldn’t Vandy want to put the press on this close as well you know? Edit: didn’t mean Vandy was on schedule to show. It’s just two weeks from the announcement and there is only so many open gyms to see Darius again. So why wouldn’t Vandy be there. To me, them not being there is a BIG sign. People that handle the recruiting business I think would agree.

7 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yep Mile apparently Vandy didn’t show and we sent our two coaches. Also want to give the credit where it’s due. Rabjohns has been well out in front on this one by a wide margin. Meyer is just picking up the table scraps at this point. Rabjohns didn’t just drive to Tennessee today for no reason. Too me it’s a big deal for Rabjohns to be sent that far and for our coaches to be the only ones present this close to an announcement. Why wouldn’t Vandy want to put the press on this close as well you know? Edit: didn’t mean Vandy was on schedule to show. It’s just two weeks from the announcement and there is only so many open gyms to see Darius again. So why wouldn’t Vandy be there. To me, them not being there is a BIG sign. People that handle the recruiting business I think would agree.

So Rabjohns was there, and Vandy wasn't ?  Very interesting. 

5 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yep Rabjohns was there. I’m a member and have seen the video. Don’t want to just announce their premie info. There wasn’t anything earth shattering in the video. But everyone driving 5-6 hours down there today leaves a pretty positive feel.

Kind of what I have been thinking.  How may other schools have reporters driving hundreds of miles to get an interview from a kid just about to enter his final prep year ?

On top of the reception that Darius and his family had at HH. I have got to think, at his age, Darius has to be pleased that he is being showered with so much love and interest, in his home state.  I hope this "Region Rat" decides to stay home. 

11 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Not trying to be Debbie downer here, and I'm certainly no recruiting expert, but thinking back to past recruitments I feel like it's fairly common for a coaching staff to visit a player shortly before they take visits to other programs. Really hoping you guys are right though!

You have a point. I recall Ol Roy dropping in on Cody shortly before he popped for IU. Gotta look at it from all possible angles. 

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Another CB prediction of Garland to IU, from a Kentucky writer.

CB Currently

36% Vandy

29% IU

21% Duke (not in his final 4)

14% Cloudy

Just as I predicted. Once other writers get in touch with Meyer and what he knows.  They will be changing their CB predictions.  Happens more time than not.

I have to give Archie a lot of credit when it comes to recruiting.  I know when his name was brought up when we had the opening at first I was not all that excited with him.  I thought he might have trouble recruiting at this level but it appears I couldn't have been more wrong.

Archived