Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Sorry if already posted, but I know some were worried about Phinisee if Garland commits

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/phinisee-pleasantly-surprised-reception-hoosier-fans/

Good to read Phinisee's mature take on the possibility of playing along side of Garland. Since there has been more positive talk of Garland and IU, I've wondered if it would turn Phinisee away. Nice to read it from the man himself that he doesn't see it as an issue at all. He's a good quality get for IU. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just hope it is not our fans stalking him on twitter where it makes him think twice about IU.

It was posted somewhere in the great universe that is know as HSN 3.0 that Vandy fans have posted that Darius was going to commit to IU.  Been too busy to check that out, however. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Someone on Btownbanners is saying to pay attention to 11/1 regarding Garland.   May not be any truth to it obviously. 

Darius and his dad have already said that an announcement will be coming before November 13th.  No big news there. However I do appreciate your sharing with us.  As my ear will be to the ground in the next couple of days.  And I promise to report back on any solid verified intel.

On 10/25/2017 at 7:38 PM, bryan200088 said:

Yep Mile apparently Vandy didn’t show and we sent our two coaches. Also want to give the credit where it’s due. Rabjohns has been well out in front on this one by a wide margin. Meyer is just picking up the table scraps at this point. Rabjohns didn’t just drive to Tennessee today for no reason. Too me it’s a big deal for Rabjohns to be sent that far and for our coaches to be the only ones present this close to an announcement. Why wouldn’t Vandy want to put the press on this close as well you know? Edit: didn’t mean Vandy was on schedule to show. It’s just two weeks from the announcement and there is only so many open gyms to see Darius again. So why wouldn’t Vandy be there. To me, them not being there is a BIG sign. People that handle the recruiting business I think would agree.

Plus Vandy is so close there is no reason they shouldn't be there all the time IMO

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

Plus Vandy is so close there is no reason they shouldn't be there all the time IMO

I could be wrong on this.  I think there is a restriction on how many times a school can visit a recruit.  Before Sampsongate, as we all know, a school was restricted on the numbers of phone calls. And as we now know, there are no number restrictions on phone calls.  However, I believe there still is a number's restriction on actual visits. Plus Vandy did visit the day after IU was there. 

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I could be wrong on this.  I think there is a restriction on how many times a school can visit a recruit.  Before Sampsongate, as we all know, a school was restricted on the numbers of phone calls. And as we now know, there are no number restrictions on phone calls.  However, I believe there still is a number's restriction on actual visits. Plus Vandy did visit the day after IU was there. 

Good point and possible explanation for their absence.

21 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Someone on Btownbanners is saying to pay attention to 11/1 regarding Garland.   May not be any truth to it obviously. 

Same guy just posted and said that according to someone close to the Garland family, the plan is for Garland to commit to IU on 11/1... 

30 minutes ago, KDB said:

Same guy just posted and said that according to someone close to the Garland family, the plan is for Garland to commit to IU on 11/1... 

Thanks.  I was just thinking November could be a huge month for IUBB.  The sooner it starts.... the better.  Guess you know where I will be on 11/1.  LOL

30 minutes ago, KDB said:

If it's not the 1st, at least we know it's coming in EARLY November.

That is true.  Twice before this weekend, Winston set a date of no later that November 13.

The early signing period is Nov 8-15.  But that does not mean Darius can't announce before then. 

Archived