Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot confirm this or the accuracy of the source just passing a long what was shared with me.  Garland has already told the head coach of the school where he intends to play next year that he is coming.  Source will not say which school but 1 coach has been notified.

I am not buying just does not make sense to me but wanted to share what I heard

15 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Different source than the one that said he’d be announcing tomorrow?

Yes. The one who said tmrw I do not know how reliable he is, just was on another board saying someone close to Garland was saying 11/1 would be the day.. I think it will be Sunday at latest, unless he's really stuck on where he wants to go.

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I think he's going to pop sometime this weekend.

IU bound. 

Edit: Obviously nothing is 100%. But IMO from what I have heard/seen, I would be SHOCKED if Garland doesn't come to IU. 

Hope so. As I've stated in other threads I'm beyond impressed with Archie so far on recruiting trail. If he knocks down an out of state 5 star in his first year? Just wow.

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

IU bound. 

Edit: Obviously nothing is 100%. But IMO from what I have heard/seen, I would be SHOCKED if Garland doesn't come to IU. 

Love to hear this. A top point guard in the fold makes us infinitely more attractive to other big time recruits.

22 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

IU bound. 

Thanks for sharing! It's music to my ear.

I'm amazed our coaching staff has been able to pull this off. After the demise of Knight and long struggle of IU basketball with going through number of coaches, I thought IU basketball was cursed like Boston Redsox or Chicago Cubs. But as these teams finally won their championships, I think our time will come and it's only a matter of time. 

I am wondering if there is possible conflict on where the mother and father wants Darrius to go.  I can see where his mom would want him to stay close to home and go to Vandy.  I could see where the dad might want him to go to IU where he grew up.  I am hoping the comments where the mom had tears in her eyes walking across AH floor is a good sign that she might see how IU is the best place for Darrius.

42 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Since blue is a Kentuckian, infinitely likely means a number greater than the number of fingers and toes he has so it would make IU at least 21 times more attractive. :D

You are assuming Blue has not lost any fingers and toes in fireworks accidents at inter-family weddings.

12 minutes ago, Reacher said:

My uneducated guess is that the Nov 1 ship has sailed.

It's part of ploy to have us all checking in on HSN (that doesn't look right- Home Shopping Network?) multiple times per day until the announcement.

Hearing it won't be this week, as two schools other than IU are scheduled to visit, per Darius's  HC. 

Archived