Darius Garland

iRepIU

this is just my two cents but this is what I think..... Darius has an idea where he wants to go but since he can't sign until Next week he wants to see who is going to continue showing him they want him more than the other, who has the better game plan, and who is going to be genuine in this last week before he decides. The family said the decision would be before November 13th. IMO he will see everyone one last time next week take the weekend to decide with family only then on Monday the 13th he will announce. AS others have stated I think he is struggling between being the hometown hero and going to the bigger school. This is known facts.... Romeo is IU's number 1 priority Garland is Vandy's number 1 priority. Both of them know they are the number 2 priorities at the out of state schools (aka Vandy and IU) but it's a matter if they split up and both want their own legacy or if they want to create a legacy as the possible best freshman backcourt in the nation. If Romeo texts Garland and says im for sure going to Indiana then Garland has to decide what's better for him. or vice versa if Garland text's Romeo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

https://scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Darius-Garland-Still-havent-decided--109829283

From his recent interview, Vandy seems a bit more of a front-runner, but they have to get Shittu to land Garland. Vandy's competing against UNC for Shittu. 

Kentucky already has a committed 5-star PG in Quirkley who's ranked higher than Garland. He'd also be competing against Quade Green who's a 5 star PG coming in this season and isn't likely to be gone after his freshmen season....entertaining Kentucky at this point makes negative sense. UCLA also has a 5 star PG in Jaylen Hands coming in this season, also not likely a One and Done. If he goes to Vandy with or without Shittu they will still be a mediocre team. The notion that he'll be a 'Hometown Hero" in Nashville is hilarious. I used to live in Nashville, literally no one cares about Vanderbilt sports outside of campus (and hardly on campus). At least there he would be the focal point but I think IU is still the best fit. He's being sold a bill of goods from UK and UCLA so one has to hope he's not seriously considering them, rather just entertaining them through the process.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Kentucky already has a committed 5-star PG in Quirkley who's ranked higher than Garland. He'd also be competing against Quade Green who's a 5 star PG coming in this season and isn't likely to be gone after his freshmen season....entertaining Kentucky at this point makes negative sense. UCLA also has a 5 star PG in Jaylen Hands coming in this season, also not likely a One and Done. If he goes to Vandy with or without Shittu they will still be a mediocre team. The notion that he'll be a 'Hometown Hero" in Nashville is hilarious. I used to live in Nashville, literally no one cares about Vanderbilt sports outside of campus (and hardly on campus). At least there he would be the focal point but I think IU is still the best fit. He's being sold a bill of goods from UK and UCLA so one has to hope he's not seriously considering them, rather just entertaining them through the process.

Spent time in TN myself, this is a true statement.  Nobody cares about Vanderbilt.  At all.

Intel coming in to me late this afternoon.  It appears that the trip to UCLA did not sway anything.  Still a two horse race between IU and Vanderbilt.  Though, WInston has been vocal about IU..... brother Desmond is now expressing his thoughts on who Darius should choose.

Stay tuned, folks.  This is not over yet. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Intel coming in to me late this afternoon.  It appears that the trip to UCLA did not sway anything.  Still a two horse race between IU and Vanderbilt.  Though, WInston has been vocal about IU..... brother Desmond is now expressing his thoughts on who Darius should choose.

And we are to assume that Desmond wants him to go to Vandy?

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I'm gonna take a guess and say Desmond is thinking Vandy?

1 minute ago, hoosier10 said:

Taking advice from dad is one thing, getting advice from brother just seems weird.  Sounds like brother trying to ride coat tails IMO

Similar to Dkimdeche (spelling) & Ole Miss in football; oldest brother convinced 5star younger brother to commit - immediately became a campus hero.  Same situation in Nashville?

8 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Agree all day with this. Have a friend that lives in Brentwood. I asked her last week about Darius and her reply. Is that the kid who plays basketball? Anyone and everyone in that state right is focused on when Butch is going to be fired. Could care less about hoops recruiting....let alone at Vandy. Would be shame if this kid chose that route.

51 minutes ago, rico said:

I am curious if Vandy had some sort of "Midnight Madness"?  And if so what the attendance was?

They do. It's at a place called Tootsie's and 40 tourists throw a $1 into a bucket to some dude who will be an assistant manager at a hot dog stand in about 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They do. It's at a place called Tootsie's and 40 tourists throw a $1 into a bucket to some dude who will be an assistant manager at a hot dog stand in about 3 years.

Now dang it I was being serious......but that was funny as hell.

Archived