Darius Garland

iRepIU

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Peegs thinks it's IU. "But we'll see". Says he'll disappoint a lot of people around him if he chooses IU.

In the past hasn't that been the kiss of death when Peegs picks IU.  Darrius needs to just do what he feels is best for his future no matter which school he picks.  I feel sorry for some of these players when others put there well being ahead of the person who has to make that decision.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Peegs thinks it's IU. "But we'll see". Says he'll disappoint a lot of people around him if he chooses IU.

Also I remember one time a football player at an All American game made his decision on TV. It was down to LSU who was his mothers team and Alabama.  When the player picked Alabama the mothers expression was anger.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I remember one time a football player at an All American game made his decision on TV. It was down to LSU who was his mothers team and Alabama.  When the player picked Alabama the mothers expression was anger.

There was also a football player a few years ago from Florida that picked a school over FSU (I believe) and his mother literally would not sign the LOI for him to fax in. If I recall being under 18 it requires a parents signature and should was refusing to sign it. Crazy, and yes it's unfortunate for the kids. 

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There was also a football player a few years ago from Florida that picked a school over FSU (I believe) and his mother literally would not sign the LOI for him to fax in. If I recall being under 18 it requires a parents signature and should was refusing to sign it. Crazy, and yes it's unfortunate for the kids. 

I remember that as well and I think that was Alex Collins who sign with Arkansas and now is in the NFL.

43 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I think Mom and perhaps Dad will be happy if he chooses IU. I mean the reception they got at HH, they won't get at Vandy. Make no mistake, Moms carry a lot of clout, just ask Thomas Bryant......

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's so crazy. Parents' role is to advise and not to make decisions for them especially when both are great football schools. K12 students are close to become adults. 

Jerry Meyer is on 1430am here in Indy and saying everything is kind of quite right now.  He still has IU as his pick but says it is a toss up and might think it could be Vandy but is not sure.  He said the reason he picked IU a few weeks ago because everyone was telling him it would be IU even Vanderbilt people.  If what is said is true on how he has been set on one team for the last few weeks it could be IU since Meyer said it was IU a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

That's nuts!

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Did he elaborate on whether he would stick with IU as his pick? 

As of right now he said he is but he said it is a toss up.  He said the people who told him it would be IU a few weeks ago have been quite.  He said people around Nashville thinks they have a good shot.  To me the key is that he said a few weeks ago everyone was telling him it would be IU.  If that is true and what his father said about he has been on one team for a few weeks that sounds like IU.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

As of right now he said he is but he said it is a toss up.  He said the people who told him it would be IU a few weeks ago have been quite.  He said people around Nashville thinks they have a good shot.  To me the key is that he said a few weeks ago everyone was telling him it would be IU.  If that is true and what his father said about he has been on one team for a few weeks that sounds like IU.

Let's hope so!  I just want him to commit one way or the other so I can stop thinking about it! hahaha

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Agree here. It’s all a hunch, but maybe this whole “time and place” stuff is so they can figure out a good, meaningful spot without having a large crowd to disappoint. 

1 minute ago, cohete15 said:

Agree here. It’s all a hunch, but maybe this whole “time and place” stuff is so they can figure out a good, meaningful spot without having a large crowd to disappoint. 

Probably will be telling where he decides to announce.  If it is at his school at a big pep rally with a lot of local media then it probably will be Vanderbilt.  If it is on say ESPN if they have some kind of recruiting show it probably would be IU.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got done listening to hs interview with Kent Sterling on 1430AM.  Just like that tweet he said it is very quite but he could see his decision being Vanderbilt but was not positive.

Or in other words, I am :

Riding the fence.

Hedging my bet.

I have no good sources in Nashville.

I thought I had good sources in Bloomington.

And lastly..... I have no frickin clue. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Or in other words, I am :

Riding the fence.

Hedging my bet.

I have no good sources in Nashville.

I thought I had good sources in Bloomington.

And lastly..... I have no frickin clue. 

Actually he said a lot of the people who was telling him a few weeks ago it was IU was Vanderbilt people.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually he said a lot of the people who was telling him a few weeks ago it was IU was Vanderbilt people.

Seeing as how, he has not changed his CB pick.... IMHO that confirms to me that he does not have confidence in his Nashville sources.

Archived