Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
iRepIU

Darius Garland

I hope we get both Darius and Romeo.  However, if that doesn't happen, it still won't change my support for CAM and the Commits we just received.  I hope this obsession over these 2 players isn't perceived as disrespectful to our commits.  I think the program is on a great track with or without Darius or Romeo.  I back the Cream and Crimson regardless who wears it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I hope we get both Darius and Romeo.  However, if that doesn't happen, it still won't change my support for CAM and the Commits we just received.  I hope this obsession over these 2 players isn't perceived as disrespectful to our commits.  I think the program is on a great track with or without Darius or Romeo.  I back the Cream and Crimson regardless who wears it!

Not to change the subject, but Jerome Hunter is a stud. Very underrated

• Like 1

Somehow my busy life prevented me from realizing this thread was so hot away from the main page, until Miles clued me in tonight. Thanks buddy! Not used to so much activity occurring on a separate board. Though, I must say I had a flashback to the "thread to end all threads" on the old board  with the "source" discussions at points! 

And from reading many pages of content (all of which is much appreciated!), it seems this comes down to the all too familiar Dumb and Dumber speculation.350.png

3 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Somehow my busy life prevented me from realizing this thread was so hot away from the main page, until Miles clued me in tonight. Thanks buddy! Not used to so much activity occurring on a separate board. Though, I must say I had a flashback to the "thread to end all threads" on the old board  with the "source" discussions at points! 

And from reading many pages of content (all of which is much appreciated!), it seems this comes down to the all too familiar Dumb and Dumber speculation.350.png

The chatbox is a great feature of HSN 3.0 .  Don't even need 140 characters, much less 280 !  Thanks for being part of the fun. 

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Per Rabjohns, no coaching staffs have been notified as of 9pm tonight. 

I thought Garland told the Vanderbilt staff he was coming weeks ago? :coffee:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just think it's Vandy all the way.  As soon as 0708 started talking about how Garland was almost certainly coming and that Romeo was a done deal after HH I've been convinced both were Vandy bound.

Easy there dbm.  If we are going to take everything everyone says as if it is written in stone, I should point out that you once said if IU selected Archie Miller, you were done with the program.......yet here you are?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I thought Garland told the Vanderbilt staff he was coming weeks ago? :coffee:

Vandy people  were promoting a silent verbal to Vandy coaches.  You are correct.

It is obvious to me that Vanderbilt fans and publishers of Vanderbilt sites are not well versed when it comes to following a high status recruit.  That's not to say that Darius has not already decided on Vandy..... just to say, that fans such as us rarely can influence a five star on where to go, based on what they say on a fan board.

Wishing and hoping don't mean a thing. You gotta do the things he cares about.

Dusty Springfield ~ Wishin' and hopin' - YouTube

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Easy there dbm.  If we are going to take everything everyone says as if it is written in stone, I should point out that you once said if IU selected Archie Miller, you were done with the program.......yet here you are?

*Picks up the Mike that Muddy River just dropped*

7 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Correct.  Archie is just too damn good.  I am sold even if we whiff on both Garland and Romeo.   

30 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Simi Shittu cancelling UNC visit most likely means he goes to Vandy. Thusly, not looking good for IU grabbing DG. 

I hope this doesn't factor into Romeo's choice

Say Shittu commits to Vandy, as well as Garland.  They have two top 20 players and another player by the name of Aaron Nesmith(ranked 100 on 24/7).  These three will not get them to say an elite 8 or sweet 16 appearance.  Even adding Romeo to this team I do not think(IMO) that its a elite 8 team or better(maybe a sweet 16 at best).  Yes it does make them really good and will compete for a possible SEC championship along with UK, but not a national contender.

Say Garland and Romeo both commit to IU, it makes IU close to a immediate contender.       

25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I hope this doesn't factor into Romeo's choice

I'm afraid it might.  Much like Sean May deciding to head to UNC and form a big 3 with Felton and McCants. 

2 hours ago, BEKA said:

Simi Shittu cancelling UNC visit most likely means he goes to Vandy. Thusly, not looking good for IU grabbing DG. 

Rabjohns: "Will any other player's decision impact your decision?"

Garland: "No. It's totally my decision."

Best wishes to Garland and hope he can make a decision based on what's best for him.  I hate to see kids make choices that truly are not their own.  I remember my college choice.  There was my dream school and then the one my parents strongly suggested.  I'll let ya'll figure out which one I went to.

20 minutes ago, tmoneynow said:

Best wishes to Garland and hope he can make a decision based on what's best for him.  I hate to see kids make choices that truly are not their own.  I remember my college choice.  There was my dream school and then the one my parents strongly suggested.  I'll let ya'll figure out which one I went to.

Winston went on record just recently..... saying the final decision would be entirely Darius's.  Just wanted to pass that along to you. 

2 hours ago, BEKA said:

Darius is going to do what's best for him - regardless of where other players sign. 

Edited by Hoosier987

Romeos decision has less to do with Garland and more to do with how IU plays this season.  If we finish 9th in conference and miss the tournament, we are not getting Romeo.

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Rabjohns feedback from Garlands dad: "it could be an ESPN, could be facebook live at the Scout HQ" sounds like they're not doing this at his HS Gym surrounded by a bunch of local media and kids from Nashville...If that's true, it's gotta be a good thing for IU

• Like 2

If i was going to be influenced by another recruit, it would be Romeo, not Shittu. And considering they both were on the IU visit together, with Romeo making his an official at the last minute...i like that better. 

• Like 1