Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Correct.  Archie is just too damn good.  I am sold even if we whiff on both Garland and Romeo.   

For the record, I'm glad you are here.  We haven't seen  eye to eye much in the past, but the optimistic feeling around the program right now is catching.  Like you, I agree, that even if we whiff on both, the future is bright.  If we even get one on Archie's short recruiting cycle, I think that is amazing.

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

It doesn't make a difference. Every kid normally announces at his high school, either that or Espn. What did you expect? Twitter? 

Exactly.  De'Ron Davis for example, made his announcement for IU at his high school.  In fact, any more kids make their announcements at their home schools.  The days of making an announcement at Ponderosa are over. 

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's trying to get Romeo to Vandy as I've said many times.  Don't be surprised if it happens.  Darius is the alpha dog of the two.  Romeo is the beta even though he's the much better player.

I mean - where would you like him to make his announcement? Should he travel an hour north to Kentucky and make the announcement? Should he travel to GA? Make an announcement at some random place in Tenn? A twitter announcement for Darius is probably not the most exciting. High schools are the most convenient way.  I think a few of you guys are looking way way way too hard into this. 

18 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

This announcement time is tip off of the Seton Hall game. Let the conspiracy theories run wild there. 

That would be 4:30 Arizona time.  Rush hour for Archie's brother... so no chance to quickly respond...Let the conspiracy theories run wild here too.  Also around 5:30 in the morning when i would regularly wake up with Indonesian hookers.  No conspiracy there... just sayin.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

We'll that seals it I guess.  He's not going to announce to his home crowd that he's heading elsewhere.

Living in Nashville would not be like living in Bloomington and going someplace else. Many, many football players are from Nashville and go elsewhere and they announce in their schools. I am not saying he will got to IU, I don't have a feel for him on way or the other but I wouldn't write off IU because he is announcing at his high school.

Archived