Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I am shocked it wasn't Montana State.  

Good luck to DG at Vandy.  Great academic school and close to home.  Can't fault a kid for that.

Basketball wise Vandy, Montana State are the same. You never hear the two mentioned with Basketball.

This is also why I'm really excited about Archie. Garland seems like a great kid, and it would have been awesome to land him. But, I'm really glad we have Archie. I don't mean to look backwards, but Crean would have not had a backup plan to the point guard issue, and we would have ended up with some kid ranked 280th from Louisiana or something. Archie not only has a backup plan, but he's already signed/sealed and is a highly tough of/ranked point guard from Indiana. 

Garland is going to be a good one for sure and would have been a great addition, but we also have a really good 4-year point guard that already signed. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

This is also why I'm really excited about Archie. Garland seems like a great kid, and it would have been awesome to land him. But, I'm really glad we have Archie. I don't mean to look backwards, but Crean would have not had a backup plan to the point guard issue, and we would have ended up with some kid ranked 280th from Louisiana or something. Archie not only has a backup plan, but he's already signed/sealed and is a highly tough of/ranked point guard from Indiana. 

Garland is going to be a good one for sure and would have been a great addition, but we also have a really good 4-year point guard that already signed. 

You're so right BGleas! Phinisee is going to be a heck of a guard and put him next to Durham I think they will be great together

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Agreed. Garland would have been nice, but I'm happy going forward with Phinisee. His style of play and leadership will be a breath of fresh air in this program.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me losing Garland to Vanderbilt  is compared to IU football getting an in state 5 star player over UM or OSU.

Vandy is likely to get at least two (and possibly three) five stars this year.

Basketball recruiting is not merely a competition of school has the best program. 5 stars last year committed to Missouri, Alabama, Western Kentucky, UNLV...

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

They could have told Rajohns it was Vandy but asked him to attend anyway. And unlike Biancardi, maybe Rabjohns chose to honor the request to keep it secret. No one on this board knows what they told Rabjohns.

I can tell you from what Rabjohns said in the last hour this wasn’t the case. He’s not real thrilled about something won’t say what but said he may or may not be able to hold his tongue. Will be interesting to see what he says. Something obviously has him upset though. I can tell you though with pretty good certainty that he was never told Garland to Vandy that far back. If that was the case he said he wouldn’t burn the trip and would have hinted at it more.

3 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I can tell you from what Rabjohns said in the last hour this wasn’t the case. He’s not real thrilled about something won’t say what but said he may or may not be able to hold his tongue. Will be interesting to see what he says. Something obviously has him upset though. I can tell you though with pretty good certainty that he was never told Garland to Vandy that far back. If that was the case he said he wouldn’t burn the trip and would have hinted at it more.

Definitely curious as to what he may say. Keep us posted if you get more details.

3 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I would be very upset making that trip thinking it was going to be announced and it leaked out way before the announcement.  Also if the garland's new it was Vandy all along why did they keep contacting Rabjohn's and inviting him to the announcement.

Archived