Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, I absolutely don't believe we weren't in the final two. If we weren't, then he certainly played Rabjohns as the fool he wanted him to be during this process. I get that it ultimately comes down to what the kid is thinking, no one besides the parents really have a true live insight to that. But the Garlands certainly loved the hype around him as an IU prospect and cozied around it as best they could.

This is either a frustrated response to his decision being blown early by ESPN, or there wasn't transparency to those he let follow his recruiting. The fact that he would share with others who ranked where after he already committed to Vanderbilt says enough for me.

20 minutes ago, ephul said:

WOW! I'm not so sure the Garland's handled this well as I previously thought.  I'm starting to think maybe they were using and playing our media for a bigger outreach.  I"ll tell you what, if he wants to stay close to mama then fine - we don't need him.  Indiana basketball will move on and be better in the long run. 

I said last week jokingly that maybe they were just messing with our fans to see how we would freak out when they kept changing the announcement date.  Maybe I was not as far off as I thought I was in making those comments.  to me they really played Rabjohn's to get the most publicity.  No other program has the coverage as IU and they wanted their names out in the media.  They also maybe wanted their ego's stroked by coming to HH and getting the reception that we gave them.

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wonder how the 13 Vandy fans are reacting???

hahah i'm sure they're ecstatic.  I'm not gonna dive into education, or city life, etc.. - but in terms of basketball alone, this was a mistake imo from Darius - we need to move on.  Indiana will be better in the long run. 

21 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yeah evidently IU was at least third possibly 4th. I think they played IU and it’s recruiting guys hard for all the publicity. It will be interesting to see what Rabjohns said but I think they got played hardcore. Wow. And Jerry Meyer just flipped his Romeo pick to Vandy. Surely that won’t happen.

If he was playing IU the whole time, I would probably be pretty ticked off if I was Romeo.  Maybe I only think that because it ticks me off, but I think it would bother me that he just made people in my home town/state out to be fools.

2 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

If he was playing IU the whole time, I would probably be pretty ticked off if I was Romeo.  Maybe I only think that because it ticks me off, but I think it would bother me that he just made people in my home town/state out to be fools.

Those must have been fake tears from mom on there visit to HH...and all the BS his dad blowed

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Real bush league move by the Garlands.  Seems pretty clear that Drew is following in his brother’s footsteps too.  Will be rooting against Garland and Vandy hard from here on out. SEC scum.  

I  always look twice when a program like Vanderbilt starts getting these type of recruits out of the blue.  See teams like Oregon and Washington that started getting these players and Baylor as well and there are rumors about those programs.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I  always look twice when a program like Vanderbilt starts getting these type of recruits out of the blue.  See teams like Oregon and Washington that started getting these players and Baylor as well and there are rumors about those programs.

I'll tell you what.  If you would've told me a couple of weeks ago that Vanderbilt had the chance of landing 3 top 10 recruits I would've bursted out laughing - at this moment it doesn't seem so far fetched after all. 

Maybe Darius is a mama's boy and wants to stay in Nashville to be close to friends and family- so be it.  However, If Romeo spurns his home state and commits to Vandy to play with Darius, I seriously would have to question why the hell they would choose Vanderbilt over Indiana as a package deal. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Not sure if this is true...but I heard the Garlands had texted him "safe travels," this morning. 

Jordon Wells had requested Winston Garland to inform him of DG's pick so he would know if he needed to come to the announcement and cover it or not, Garland ignored it and then said "Safe travels." 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I'll tell you what.  If you would've told me a couple of weeks ago that Vanderbilt had the chance of landing 3 top 10 recruits I would've bursted out laughing - at this moment it doesn't seem so far fetched after all. 

Maybe Darius is a mama's boy and wants to stay in Nashville to be close to friends and family- so be it.  However, If Romeo spurns his home state and commits to Vandy to play with Darius, I seriously would have to question why the hell they would choose Vanderbilt over Indiana as a package deal. 

More fun, less pressure, it's unique, they like the personality of the HC better, archie has never coached an nba player, the conference possibly, better roster, the city. 100's of reasons. 

Archived