Darius Garland

iRepIU

1 hour ago, SeeYa@roys said:

I’m from Cleveland, and I love the Cavs. That said, when I saw the Cavs drafted Garland, I wasn’t happy. We already have a young promising point guard, why did we draft another?

...and Garland? No thanks....I hope we trade him.

I'm not a Cavs fan, and I don't follow them.  However, I did read an article that explained the reasoning (good or bad) behind the move.  Coach JB did work out Garland.  The article said that Garland's work out blew away CJB and the Cavs.  He was very quick and shot lights out from all over the court.  I got the idea that CJB was already thinking of playing 2 PGs before he worked out Garland.  The Cavs intend to play both of them at the same time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, slojoe said:

You don't know the context of the situation.  The final decision was not identical but much like that of J. Jeffries.  He was bound for Duke but at the very last minute changed to IU.  Would you say the same about him?  I don't think so because after the fact we know a lot more about him, and we believe that he's a trustworthy and not deceptive.  Wouldn't you say that it is acceptable for a recruit to change his mind at the last minute?  This is a big decision for these young men.  As we know many get it wrong.  What's the old saying "Only dead men and fools never change their minds."   How is he and his family misleading people when he was ready to go to IU but has a change of heart at the last minute?  He was definitely not using IU's name.

“Insider” or not, this is just silly. Either he or his dad said directly that Indiana didn’t even finish second in the recruitment. 

Someone is feeding you bull****. If he changed his mind at the last minute, it would have been from one of the other schools involved. 

Weird thread to be revived.

Garland definitely got drafted higher because he sat out. Lucky him, I guess. Reminds me of a favorite graphic.

That said,the kid is very, very good. Faster than anyone. Already had a small mans game, with pull up jumpers and floaters. I saw him at eybl, he blew me away. Nice demeanor out there too. 

fd82d27ffbfbab8981f885cbbc0ffaf5.jpg

Archived