Garland/Langford Combo Megathread

NCHoosier32

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Ha.Ha. I remember  when the Baylor coach and squad threatened to deport Hanner, if he committed to IU.

What a "meh" player to ruin your reputation over. Hanner's best year was his transfer year at powerhouse Eastern Tennessee State University where he averaged a whopping 8.3 PPG.

Assuming Garland and Langford don't commit before Hoosier Hysteria (and how jacked can you feel after watching a 59-0 drubbing?), I see them coming to IU and forming the best backcourt in the country as freshmen.

How exciting is that?

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

What a "meh" player to ruin your reputation over. Hanner's best year was his transfer year at powerhouse Eastern Tennessee State University where he averaged a whopping 8.3 PPG.

Assuming Garland and Langford don't commit before Hoosier Hysteria (and how jacked can you feel after watching a 58-0 drubbing?), I see them coming to IU and forming the best backcourt in the country as freshmen.

How exciting is that?

Possibly the best backcourt, and a front court that includes a senior Morgan and junior Davis.  Wow. 

As I think about this, here are a few questions I have for HSN-

Does anyone think it's likely we get Garland, but not Romeo?

How much of a package are they? I was originally thinking we might get just Romeo. How much will Garland influence Romeo?

Seeing as Garland has seemingly narrowed down his schools, could he announce this fall? Perhaps right after Hoosier Hysteria?

5Fouls has brought up that he thinks Romeo could stay for more than a year. Would Garland possibly stick around for a second year (Yes, I'm being greedy. Not only I do I want them both, I want them for 2 years:D)? 

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

How much of a package are they? I was originally thinking we might get just Romeo. How much will Garland influence Romeo?

Seeing as Garland has seemingly narrowed down his schools, could he announce this fall? Perhaps right after Hoosier Hysteria?

5Fouls has brought up that he thinks Romeo could stay for more than a year. Would Garland possibly stick around for a second year (Yes, I'm being greedy. Not only I do I want them both, I want them for 2 years:D)? 

Winston Garland said in an Indy Star article recapping IU's in-home visit with the family that Darius is aiming for a decision by the November signing window, (Nov.8-Nov.15)

This is way earlier than when Romeo is expected to announce according to him and his family, But if Garland were to commit to IU, I do think that it would effect the timetable of his decision as I am confident they are going to package somewhere. To me, for this reason, I believe that there are two schools in front for both of them; IU and Vandy. Now I know that Louisville is the supposed "Leader" for Romeo by many but I am starting to think that for about the past month that's not the case. I have no doubt in my mind that Romeo and Darius talk about colleges and there interests/packaging all the time.. It's no coincidence to me that they're visiting Vandy and IU both on the same weekend the other is visiting.

I also think that both of these guys could stay for 2 years, Garland isn't even in some 2019 Mock Drafts, including nbadraft.net

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Winston Garland said in an Indy Star article recapping IU's in-home visit with the family that Darius is aiming for a decision by the November signing window, (Nov.8-Nov.15)

This is way earlier than when Romeo is expected to announce according to him and his family, But if Garland were to commit to IU, I do think that it would effect the timetable of his decision as I am confident they are going to package somewhere. To me, for this reason, I believe that there are two schools in front for both of them; IU and Vandy. Now I know that Louisville is the supposed "Leader" for Romeo by many but I am starting to think that for about the past month that's not the case. I have no doubt in my mind that Romeo and Darius talk about colleges and there interests/packaging all the time.. It's no coincidence to me that they're visiting Vandy and IU both on the same weekend the other is visiting.

I also think that both of these guys could stay for 2 years, Garland isn't even in some 2019 Mock Drafts, including nbadraft.net

Based on their timelines, it would make sense if Garland committed in the fall, and then Romeo committed in the spring after a scholly opened up for him.

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

It's possible that we get Garland not Romeo, but I definitely think a Garland signing improves our chances.

The only true 'packaging' would be at Vanderbilt.  Romeo does not go to Vandy without Garland.  I could definitely see Romeo coming to IU regardless of where Garland signs.  And, it's possible, albeit unlikely, that we land Garland and Romeo decides to go to UL or Kansas. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It's possible that we get Garland not Romeo, but I definitely think a Garland signing improves our chances.

The only true 'packaging' would be at Vanderbilt.  Romeo does not go to Vandy without Garland.  I could definitely see Romeo coming to IU regardless of where Garland signs.  And, it's possible, albeit unlikely, that we land Garland and Romeo decides to go to UL or Kansas. 

Wait! Who is on 1st?

Archived