Garland/Langford Combo Megathread

NCHoosier32

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo Langford wants to win and play in the NBA.  Beyond those two things, he doesn't have the same life perspective as the 'average' 5 star recruit.  If (When?) IU gets his commitment, it will be other factors that would have sealed the deal for the Cream & Crimson.

Well, we’re talking about a legendary Indiana high school player here. He isn’t your typical 5star recruit either, which you mentioned. 

I’m extemely bearish about our chances at landing the best and if it’s going to happen then this is one that HAS to happen. 

I’m liking our chances here. I really am. Over 50%? I don’t know about that. Let’s see what happens. The energy is amazing right now.

27 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Reading the ITH articles about Garland’s and Langford’s visits, I’m feeling VERY confident about getting both of them.  It sounds like their parents are pretty much all in on IU.

It to me definitely sounds like Darius's father is all for him being a Hoosier, and I think he actually hopes he goes to IU.. Obviously he wants him to feel like he made the right decision, but if it was up to him.. I think Darius would be in Bloomington. As for Romeo, I liked hearing his dad say, "Last night, it was electrifying." and "It was a special feeling." I'm not sure what else he could've said about Hoosier Hysteria that would've sounded better to us fans. I think we are in a great position with both of them, and If Archie can seal the deal on both of them.. I may just cry happy tears, lol.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I know recruits always say positive things about their visits but I sure like reading "awesome" "special" and "electrifying" better than "it went real good"

And the fact that some of those terms were coming from the fathers of the recruits.  I forget which one it was... but one of the mom's was even moved to tears, over the reception her son got.  I said before HH, how important it was going to be to have the entire families there.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And the fact that some of those terms were coming from the fathers of the recruits.  I forget which one it was... but one of the mom's was even moved to tears, over the reception her son got.  I said before HH, how important it was going to be to have the entire families there.

I think that was Garland's mom

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think that was Garland's mom

I was thinking it was Garland's mom as well.  But did not want to make a mistake..... Mr's Garland was moved to tears.  And on top of that Mr. Garland restated the fact that he has always been a Hoosier fan.

After checking out Inside The Hall this morning and reading the feedback from the players and their parents, a few things stood out for me that makes me think we have a VERY good shot at landing not just Romeo and Garland, but also Brooks Jr and Jackson-Davis...

• Garland's mom getting teary eyed
  • Jackson-Davis saying he gets recognized in high school sometimes, but not at the level it was for Hoosier Hysteria
  • Langford's dad mentioning that Romeo had never got a reception from the fans like he did Saturday night, and the whole family noticed. (Keep in mind, this means Indiana made a bigger impression than Vandy, UCLA and UNC, in my opinion)
  • Langford's parents being impressed with Clif Marshall
  • Langford's dad very openly saying they could make a decision literally any day. Any idea if he has said anything of the sort to this point after his previous visits? I would think this is a huge indicator of how his family feels about IU and wanting him to come here.

Archie is putting them into very good position, not just now, but also in the future. You can't help but be excited for what the future holds. If he gets the players he wants, the sky very well could be the limit.

7 hours ago, kaustical said:

Say we get lucky and we get them both, potentially giving us the #1 class in the nation.  I wonder if that influences recruits.  Places like Duke and UK must get some momentum, thinking the best want to play together.  Here's to that scenario playing out at IU.    

Here’s why I’m so excited about IU basketball right now, if we do get both, I don’t think it’s luck I think it’s because Archie is that good. Nothing is done until they potentially commit/sign, but I think IU basketball is in great hands right now!

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Here’s why I’m so excited about IU basketball right now, if we do get both, I don’t think it’s luck I think it’s because Archie is that good. Nothing is done until they potentially commit/sign, but I think IU basketball is in great hands right now!

The fact that Archie is doing this without coaching a game at IU, to me, shows it's not a fluke. He has clear and concise messages to recruits, and it's resonating. He had to play catch up with both these kids, and with both of them leaning IU (it seems), shows he's got some recruiting prowess.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I think CAM is a great recruiter. He was underrated because he coached at Dayton. Once he took the helm of Indiana's flagship program (now he's got tremendous amount of resources), he's made a monumental progress. I think his somewhat laid-back demeanor and the ability to connect made high school kids and their families comfortable while he can still stay on business when it's time for persuasion. It's only a matter of time we get back to where we belong!

3 hours ago, ephul said:

The fact that Archie is doing this without coaching a game at IU, to me, shows it's not a fluke. He has clear and concise messages to recruits, and it's resonating. He had to play catch up with both these kids, and with both of them leaning IU (it seems), shows he's got some recruiting prowess.

Great post! I smell a movement......

Archived