Garland/Langford Combo Megathread

NCHoosier32

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

Garland's father has ties with Coach Drew apparently, and the other thing we know that attracts Garland is that it's the hometown team. 

Can't tell you why other big time recruits are interested in Vandy. Simisola Shittu is a 5 star who's likely to end up there, he's from Nashville. It seems that their "Hometown Hero" pitch is really hitting homeruns.

I think you can at least mostly offset the coach Drew ties with dad's love of IU as a program. I get the geography of playing close to home, but beyond that, I don't see much to give Vandy an edge, but again, other than the goofy positioning of the team benches, I know little about the program.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think you can at least mostly offset the coach Drew ties with dad's love of IU as a program. I get the geography of playing close to home, but beyond that, I don't see much to give Vandy an edge, but again, other than the goofy positioning of the team benches, I know little about the program.

Talent attracts other talent...just like KDB said Shittu may end up there,he’s a 5 Star talent,if Garland decides to stay home and they land Shittu then you have the makings of something special....that might attract someone else.

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Talent attracts other talent...just like KDB said Shittu may end up there,he’s a 5 Star talent,if Garland decides to stay home and they land Shittu then you have the makings of something special....that might attract someone else.

That is very true.

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

...and that could easily be offset at IU as well.  Unless Archie really strikes out on his targets, there's going to be serious talent in Bloomington over the next few years.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Garland's father has ties with Coach Drew apparently, and the other thing we know that attracts Garland is that it's the hometown team. 

Can't tell you why other big time recruits are interested in Vandy. Simisola Shittu is a 5 star who's likely to end up there, he's from Nashville. It seems that their "Hometown Hero" pitch is really hitting homeruns.

Drew can deliver the "Hometown Hero" pitch better than most since he was the hometown hero himself, having played for Valparaiso High School before attending Valpo U after winning Mr. Basketball.

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Drew can pitch the "Hometown Hero" pitch better than most since he was the hometown hero himself, having played for Valparaiso High School before attending Valpo U after winning Mr. Basketball.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. Very true!

9 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Vandy  is a real player in this for Garland,it’s going to come down to the wire,sounds like it’s 50/50 with IU...oh ,and Nashville isn’t to far away from New Albany either.

Saw a tweet on the other board from a Vandy insider and said that they might get Shittu but probably not Garland.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Assuming Romeo sticks to his plan to announce a final 3, I’ll be really surprised if Vandy makes it. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Assuming Romeo sticks to his plan to announce a final 3, I’ll be really surprised if Vandy makes it. 

My best guess would be IU,Vandy and Kansas

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and that could easily be offset at IU as well.  Unless Archie really strikes out on his targets, there's going to be serious talent in Bloomington over the next few years.

I don't think Archie will be striking out anytime soon...he has a very good class going now and is setting up for many more to come

18 hours ago, jabell86 said:

Figures went bed reading a commit on first woke up to pro vandy talk.

Despite all the positive news and no matter how reliable the sources of the good news, people invariably start jumping to conclusions when a recruit doesn't commit nearly immediately after that news leaks. Same thing happens nearly every time. 

Archived