Garland/Langford Combo Megathread

NCHoosier32

[MOD NOTE: This can serve as the hub for any discussions re: Garland and Langford as a duo.  Each has their own threads and smaller, individual threads may spring up.  We'll try to consolidate while possible]

so i very rarely start new topics and forgive me if this has already been out there, but i guess the word is that it's now thought that Garland's recruitment is pretty much down to IU and Vanderbilt?  and that Langford is pretty much down to IU and Louisville?  as i type this, i guess i feel like i kind of remember this already being out there, but which one seems more likely to pick us?  it's really dawning on me that if DD pans out to what we hope, yet doesn't leave after this year... Jones, Green, and Morgan improve the way we hope ... Smith turns out solid ... THEN add this 2018 class and we really will be back!  landing one of those two would be the kicker though.  

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Garland is down to Vandy and Duke.  IU is at best a distant 3d.

Langford is a UL lean with IU catching up quickly.  Kansas is still lurking.

At least one Duke writer seems to disagree with you on Garland.  And maybe Coach K too, if it's true that Duke is cancelling its in-home with him.

28 minutes ago, KDB said:

Is this just personal opinion?

No.  It's based on what the experts are saying.  However, it appears that there may be a change very recently with Garland.

His dad did have a nice NBA career and until recently was coaching HS basketball in NW Indiana.

44 minutes ago, slojoe said:

No.  It's based on what the experts are saying.  However, it appears that there may be a change very recently with Garland.

His dad did have a nice NBA career and until recently was coaching HS basketball in NW Indiana.

Yes I believe there has been a change. If Coach K and Duke did indeed cancel their in-home visit with Garland, that's gotta help the case that IU and Vandy are now frontrunners. I think they're all close and who knows what will end up happening in his recruitment.

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

why do we even worry about the crystal ball? It has these crazy opinions and then it changes the day someone is going to announce where they are going. I never base my opinion on where someone is going on the crystal ball because they are as wrong as weathermen.

Although you are correct that the CB isn't always correct, that doesn't mean that they don't contain useful information.  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

For example, today we have a report that CAM hit it out of the park with his in home visit with Garland and his family and the CB today shows  a vote for IU from a Duke recruiting reporter.  So maybe there's something really going on here.  This may make reports from non-experts who have a little knowledge to add more credible. 

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

I would suggest stop listening to those experts. It's Vandy and IU for Garland. Has been since Monday night.

11 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Although you are correct that the CB isn't always correct, that doesn't mean that they don't contain useful information.  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

For example, today we have a report that CAM hit it out of the park with his in home visit with Garland and his family and the CB today shows  a vote for IU from a Duke recruiting reporter.  So maybe there's something really going on here.  This may make reports from non-experts who have a little knowledge to add more credible. 

I agree. I def think the site has useful info and that's why I still go to it. I just think the crystal ball predictions are looked at and discussed in debates by way too many people when those crystal balls can be changed within a day.

In my opinion the CB predictions are there for a reason, the people that make the predictions are referred to as 'experts' for a reason, these people 8 or 9 times out of 10 get better information than us as fans and then use the information they receive to make a crystal ball prediction, that is why I do look at the predictions and if one is made for IU, i'm gonna feel more confident in getting that player than before and trust that the expert that made the prediction got some good info, and if we're lucky enough sometimes they will share the information with us. It also can't hurt that an expert thinks Darius Garland is going to IU... even better because it's a duke writer.

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would suggest stop listening to those experts. It's Vandy and IU for Garland. Has been since Monday night.

I don't really see why this a reason to stop listening to those experts.  What happens on Monday night doesn't necessarily show up on Tuesday, but it did show up today.  We will see in the future from experts and others where things are going.  Furthermore, I don't listen to just those experts but I read what others say, also. 

3 hours ago, slojoe said:

Garland is down to Vandy and Duke.  IU is at best a distant 3d.

Langford is a UL lean with IU catching up quickly.  Kansas is still lurking.

Duke friend of mine says Duke has pulled out of the Garland sweepstakes.  Not only did they cancel this week's in home, but now are chasing other prey. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Duke friend of mine says Duke has pulled out of the Garland sweepstakes.  Not only did they cancel this week's in home, but not are chasing other prey. 

Remember when there was once a time Romeo and Darius were both thought to be Duke leans HEAVILY.. and now Romeo doesn't even have Duke in his top 7 and Darius seems to be done with them as well... oh how things change.. thankfully for us, it's good change!

13 minutes ago, KDB said:

Remember when there was once a time Romeo and Darius were both thought to be Duke leans HEAVILY.. and now Romeo doesn't even have Duke in his top 7 and Darius seems to be done with them as well... oh how things change.. thankfully for us, it's good change!

Hearing that IU being an Adidas school is also favorably in play for at least, one, and perhaps both of these recruits. 

Archived