OT: Some good news to share about our founder, CC.

milehiiu

I hope he does not mind, my sharing as he has with the mod squad.

Some of you are aware. And others, I am sure are not.

That CC has been trying to find employment for the better part of two years. He has gone through many sacrifices in that time. Too many to share. However, he has always remained a huge presence at Hoosier Sports Nation. Despite all his travails.

Ironically, it was his dedication to Hoosier Sports Nation and his listing HSN on his resume.... that helped  lead him to securing a new and profitable position with a legitimate  firm in Phoenix, this week.  As the COO and others of that firm,  are B1G fans, and checked out HSN during the hiring process.

So... share with me, the joy I have for our founder ..... who over the months... nah I say  years, now.... never gave up on his dreams.

Oh, in case your are not aware.... one of our mods, HF, who lives in Phoenix is ready to welcome CC.... with a  first drink that  is on HF !

Well this is pretty great news to read late night. Congrats CC!

Btw CC, I spent five years living in the Phoenix area after I graduated from IU. Great food city and there's certainly no lack of amazing places to explore in your free time within the 3 hour drive or less. I'm happy to share info with you about places to go and things to do as you settle in. It's a very unique place to live and I hope you enjoy the laid back nature and natural beauty it has to offer.

And get yourself interior windshield cover for your car pronto....and maybe even oven mitts so you can touch you seat belt without getting third degree burns. Pro tip for you! 

6 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Well this is pretty great news to read late night. Congrats CC!

Btw CC, I spent five years living in the Phoenix area after I graduated from IU. Great food city and there's certainly no lack of amazing places to explore in your free time within the 3 hour drive or less. I'm happy to share info with you about places to go and things to do as you settle in. It's a very unique place to live and I hope you enjoy the laid back nature and natural beauty it has to offer.

And get yourself interior windshield cover for your car pronto....and maybe even oven mitts so you can touch you seat belt without getting third degree burns. Pro tip for you! 

In the Midwest, and even here in Colorado, in the winter, people go out to their car before the end of the work day to warm their car up before quitting time.  I understand that in Phoenix, people go out to their car to start the air conditioner, to cool the car off before leaving for work.  I've been to Phoenix.  Just for weekend visits.  And I believe those are very valid pro tips you have given to CC.  Thanks for being a member. 

Congrats CC. I thought I saw the unemployment numbers trend down!

I'm glad that you are going to work for a "legitimate " company now. Makes me wonder. Were you working for the Corleone family previously?😜

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I hope he does not mind, my sharing as he has with the mod squad.

Some of you are aware. And others, I am sure are not.

That CC has been trying to find employment for the better part of two years. He has gone through many sacrifices in that time. Too many to share. However, he has always remained a huge presence at Hoosier Sports Nation. Despite all his travails.

Ironically, it was his dedication to Hoosier Sports Nation and his listing HSN on his resume.... that helped  lead him to securing a new and profitable position with a legitimate  firm in Phoenix, this week.  As the COO and others of that firm,  are B1G fans, and checked out HSN during the hiring process.

So... share with me, the joy I have for our founder ..... who over the months... nah I say  years, now.... never gave up on his dreams.

Oh, in case your are not aware.... one of our mods, HF, who lives in Phoenix is ready to welcome CC.... with a  first drink that  is on HF !

Welcome to the Valley of the Son CC. Living out here is like being on vacation year round. Congratulations. 

7 hours ago, Mesaiufan said:

Welcome to the Valley of the Son CC. Living out here is like being on vacation year round. Congratulations. 

Hoosierfaithful and I are already talking about getting together for the games so maybe we need to activate the alumni group in Phoenix.  

I used to live in Phoenix and forget out there most every year so I know the valley pretty well.  I am staying at the family condo in Scottsdale (Miller and McDowell) until I get a place.  I think Faithful lives in downtown Phoenix.  So if you don't have an IU bar then maybe we can turna bar into one!

Archived